Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

2 Inch lift with ARB on OME 885, 886

Old 02-27-2011, 09:42 PM   #1
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Question 2 Inch lift with ARB on OME 885, 886

I am looking at putting 5100's with either 885, 886, or eibach 1.6" coils on. I don't have an AAL or TSB done on the rear, so I'm only looking for about 2" on the front. What amount of lift did you get with your setup? Are the measurements below accurate?

Wheelers lists:
*OME 885 Tacoma Front Coil Set Provides approx 1.75" lift on stock Tacoma's.
*OME 886 Tacoma Front Coil Set Provides approx 1.75" of lift on a Tacoma with a Bull Bar and Winch.

ARB lists:
*2 Inch 05+tacoma Stock Kit (885+N140S)
*2 Inch 05+tacoma Heavy Kit (886+N140S)

Toytec lists:
*885--- Medium 2" lift coils for 110 lbs additional front weight
*886--- Heavy 2" lift coils for 200+ front weight -- No top plate spacer needed--

Other people (not pointing fingers):
*The 886's give 3" lift with a bumper and winch.
*Eibach 1.6" give that lift unladen, and on Extended cab trucks.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:44 PM   #2
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I have OME 885s with Billy 5100s set at zero and I'm getting a solid 3" of lift
Old 02-27-2011, 09:45 PM   #3
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
885s gave me 3 at first, then sagged overtime, I would get 886s for a full 3 inch
Old 02-27-2011, 09:45 PM   #4
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
I have OME 885s with Billy 5100s set at zero and I'm getting a solid 3" of lift

thats without a aftermarket front bumper. I'd rock the 885s if you didn't want the added height that the 886s will provide
Old 02-27-2011, 09:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
885s gave me 3 at first, then sagged overtime, I would get 886s for a full 3 inch
I've only had mine on for about 2 months, they settled nicely. I was at 3.5"
Old 02-27-2011, 09:49 PM   #6

Oh and OME revised there springs a year or 2 ago so that they don't sag so much...the new models have an "X" at the end.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:00 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Why the bilsteins and not the OME shocks?
from what I understand the OME shocks retain there heat and stuff more than Bilstein. Chris4x4 explained it to me but I forgot now
Old 02-27-2011, 10:01 PM   #9

and billys have a lifetime warranty...OME is 2yrs I think
Old 02-28-2011, 06:44 AM   #11
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

So since everyone here has gotten approx. 3inch lift with 885 and 886 how can ARB and Wheelers claim that it will provide approx. 2 inches of lift?

A customer like myself looking for 2 inches of lift would purchase one of these kits and be sorely disappointed that I actually got approx. 3 inches of lift.

I get that they updated the coils, but it has been stated that that was 2 years ago, that is plenty of time to update their websites.

Quote:
thats without a aftermarket front bumper. I'd rock the 885s if you didn't want the added height that the 886s will provide
Old 02-28-2011, 08:22 AM   #12
Valley Viking is on a distinguished road

Valley Viking's Tacoma Gallery
When I was getting ready to order my OME complete lift I sent Wheeler's and Toytec and email asking how much lift this kit would provide.

Wheeler's said I should expect 1-3/4" to 2" in the front and 2-1/4" to 2-1/2" in the back.

Toytec responded that it would be 2" in the front and 2-3/4" in back.

With that info I decided to add the 10mm top spacers from Wheeler's to my setup. The 10mm spacer should add 5/8" to 3/4" of lift up front.

When I was done I had gained 3-1/2" in the front and 2-3/4" in the back. These numbers were taken within the first couple of days from the lift being installed so there has not been any settlement yet. I think if I would have skipped the 10mm spacer I would have gained 2-3/4" both front and back. I like the level look that the 10mm spacer gives but I am concerned about my CV angles. I have considered taking the 10mm spacers out and waiting to see if the front settles. If it did settle I could put the 10mm spacers back in.

I had Wheeler's assemble my front shocks and coils. I think it is a good idea to have the longer top studs from the spacer kit installed when the coils are assembled even if you are not sure if you need the top spacers at this time. That way if you do decide to add the spacers you do not have to disassemble your coils to install the longer studs required to add the top spacer. You could save your self some hassle or $$ that way if you think spacers may be something you would want down the line.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:40 PM   #13
LRGRNR

Thank you!! I still would like to know why the Vendors are claiming 2" when people are clearly not getting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Viking View Post
When I was getting ready to order my OME complete lift I sent Wheeler's and Toytec and email asking how much lift this kit would provide.

Wheeler's said I should expect 1-3/4" to 2" in the front and 2-1/4" to 2-1/2" in the back.

Toytec responded that it would be 2" in the front and 2-3/4" in back.

With that info I decided to add the 10mm top spacers from Wheeler's to my setup. The 10mm spacer should add 5/8" to 3/4" of lift up front.

When I was done I had gained 3-1/2" in the front and 2-3/4" in the back. These numbers were taken within the first couple of days from the lift being installed so there has not been any settlement yet. I think if I would have skipped the 10mm spacer I would have gained 2-3/4" both front and back. I like the level look that the 10mm spacer gives but I am concerned about my CV angles. I have considered taking the 10mm spacers out and waiting to see if the front settles. If it did settle I could put the 10mm spacers back in.

I had Wheeler's assemble my front shocks and coils. I think it is a good idea to have the longer top studs from the spacer kit installed when the coils are assembled even if you are not sure if you need the top spacers at this time. That way if you do decide to add the spacers you do not have to disassemble your coils to install the longer studs required to add the top spacer. You could save your self some hassle or $$ that way if you think spacers may be something you would want down the line.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:49 PM   #14

I had the same questions as you before I plunked down cash for the OME kit. I asked the same questions in this tread
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...al-number.html
Some say you will get 3" up front. I think it's safe to say it will be between 2-3/4" and 3" (without spacers), there is bound to be a small difference in how accurate different folks will measure.

Of course the guys that post are giving you the initial measurements. It would be nice if we had some follow up measurements say 6 to 9 months after the lift was installed.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:01 PM   #15
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
most people seem to be getting about 3" of lift with the 885s and a 10mm top plate spacer. if u got the 885s w/o the spacer and since you have the arb bumper im sure thats heavy enough to settle you down to about 2" of lift. but remember when ever you first put them on they will read a little bit high then will settle
Old 02-28-2011, 03:19 PM   #16
LRGRNR

Thanks for everyones input, I might just have to settle for the lift I get and do an AAL for the rear..

Can someone with an ARB bumper or similar with 885's post up their measurements?
Old 02-28-2011, 03:28 PM   #17
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
from what I understand the OME shocks retain there heat and stuff more than Bilstein. Chris4x4 explained it to me but I forgot now
Actually, THe OME shocks tend to stay cooler than the 5100's. The 5100's are a medium duty shock, while the OME's are a bit more "heavy Duty"
Old 02-28-2011, 03:29 PM   #18
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
Thanks for everyones input, I might just have to settle for the lift I get and do an AAL for the rear..

Can someone with an ARB bumper or similar with 885's post up their measurements?
Send a PM to Mountainwolfpup and see what he got with his 886's. Figure about an inch less with the 885's
Old 02-28-2011, 04:12 PM   #19
LRGRNR

Thanks again Chris! I'm pretty sure I did though I can't find his response at the moment or I would add it to the list of others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Send a PM to Mountainwolfpup and see what he got with his 886's. Figure about an inch less with the 885's
Old 02-28-2011, 04:33 PM   #20

chris4x4, how long have you had the 885's installed, what was your initial lift and have they settled any?