LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

NEED HELP! WANTING TO LIFT MY TACO.

Old 03-01-2011, 09:47 PM   #1
Keepin' it dirty in Texas
alexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
alexmxman185's Tacoma Gallery
NEED HELP! WANTING TO LIFT MY TACO.

I have a 5 lug 2008 access cab base model with a 4 cyl 2.7. im wanting to put a lift on it to fit 33'' mud terrain tires. i was thinking like a 3-4'' lift should do the trick?

I just really need help on what would be best to do and where i can buy the lift kit.
Attached Thumbnails
NEED HELP! WANTING TO LIFT MY TACO.-2008.toyota.tacoma.20238258-e.jpg  
Old 03-01-2011, 10:36 PM   #2
Bosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBosworth5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Chris
Bosworth5's Tacoma Gallery
Read the stickies man.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...uide-read.html
Old 03-02-2011, 06:25 AM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmxman185 View Post
I have a 5 lug 2008 prerunner access cab base model with a 4 cyl 2.7. im wanting to put a lift on it to fit 33'' mud terrain tires. i was thinking like a 3-4'' lift should do the trick?

I just really need help on what would be best to do and where i can buy the lift kit.
You can't have a 5-lug prerunner. Prerunners are 6 lug.....and the pic you posted is a 6-lug....

Do you have a 5-lug or 6-lug? The lift kits for them are completely different.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:29 PM   #4
alexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalexmxman185 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
You can't have a 5-lug prerunner. Prerunners are 6 lug.....and the pic you posted is a 6-lug....

Do you have a 5-lug or 6-lug? The lift kits for them are completely different.
its a 5 lug base model access cab im guessing. I inherited it and it didnt come with a owners manuel or anything. its for sure a 5 lug though.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:34 PM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
so is their any way i can get like a 6 inch lift kit for this thing? or is that like impossible to find?
Fat Bob's Garage and Readylift make 3" lifts for 5-luggers.

http://www.readylift.com/c-107-toyot...-275f175r.aspx

http://store.fatbobsgarage.com/toyot...009-p7611.aspx
Old 03-02-2011, 03:30 PM   #9
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
but you see my truck already has 30-9.5-15 tires. is it possible to have that size tire on their without having a lift on it?

Post a pic of your truck and the front suspension and we'll help you find out if you already have a lift or not.

I think you can fit 30's without a lift, so you might be stock.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:10 PM   #14
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
here they are, it looks alot bigger than stock photos but i would just really like a 6 inch lift
But either way no one offers a 6in lift for the 5 lugger. They only have them for the prerunner/4wd tacos. That LT kit is the best lift kit available for your truck
Old 03-02-2011, 06:12 PM   #15
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by achirdo View Post
But either way no one offers a 6in lift for the 5 lugger. They only have them for the prerunner/4wd tacos. That LT kit is the best lift kit available for your truck

I suppose he could theoretically get the Fat Bob's spacer lift and put a 3" body lift on top of it
Old 03-02-2011, 06:31 PM   #16
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
I suppose he could theoretically get the Fat Bob's spacer lift and put a 3" body lift on top of it
Hmm totally forgot about body lifts!!! Maybe b/c taco world beats into the brains of everyone to not even touch them.

To the op---3in spacer and a 3pm body lift looks like the only way to get 6in. How much offroading do you do? If u plan on taking it offroad often I advise against the body lift. Plus they really don't give you any extra benifit offroad execept for larger tire clearance, they don't give you any extra ground clearance or anything.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:44 PM   #17

only offroading i do is mudding in the back pasture and on dirt roads. so whatever is on there could i put the big bob lift ontop of it and do a 3'' body lift? because that sounds like plenty enough clearance. i just dont want to mess anything up. The look im going for is like a tacoma prerunner with about a 4 inch lift.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:09 PM   #18
First Class White Trash

achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
only offroading i do is mudding in the back pasture and on dirt roads. so whatever is on there could i put the big bob lift ontop of it and do a 3'' body lift? because that sounds like plenty enough clearance. i just dont want to mess anything up. The look im going for is like a tacoma prerunner with about a 4 inch lift.
the problem with the body lift is that if you offroad them to much they can not will punch through there mounts right into the cab, also they can shift and the truck will be cockeyed, but thats usually only after a hard impact/jumping.

and yet somepeople have body lifts for the life of the vehical with out issues. do some research on the first before you get on and decide for your self
Old 03-02-2011, 08:24 PM   #20
KAWAIANIANI is a jewel in the roughKAWAIANIANI is a jewel in the roughKAWAIANIANI is a jewel in the roughKAWAIANIANI is a jewel in the rough

Name: Chris
KAWAIANIANI's Tacoma Gallery
Question on this topic, Why wouldnt a set of alcans 6" leaf pack work for the rear and maybe a some spindles and such up front( I am not familiar with the diff. between 5 and 6 lug).