Notices

search help?

Old 03-03-2011, 06:25 AM   #1
tombiosis is on a distinguished road

Name: T
tombiosis's Tacoma Gallery
search help?

Hi
just got my 5100's from DSMS...I have searched and searched and can't seem to find the how-to thread for switching out the rear shocks...Is there even such a thread with pics?
Could someone please post the link?
Thanks
Old 03-03-2011, 08:33 AM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...k-install.html
Old 03-03-2011, 10:00 AM   #4
tombiosis is on a distinguished road

Name: T
tombiosis's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you for the link!
can't wait to get started on this...I will be getting help for the fronts, but I am going to attempt the back myself. Big step for a total noob like me!
One final q though...is it critical to get the foot lbs of torque exactly right? (I don't have a tool that tells me the torque poundage)
Thanks again
Old 03-03-2011, 10:28 AM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tombiosis View Post
Thank you for the link!
can't wait to get started on this...I will be getting help for the fronts, but I am going to attempt the back myself. Big step for a total noob like me!
One final q though...is it critical to get the foot lbs of torque exactly right? (I don't have a tool that tells me the torque poundage)
Thanks again
You can rent/borrow a torque wrench from a local auto parts store.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:37 AM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Or if it is something you use sparingly, you can buy one from Harbor Freight for $15.