Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

eibach coils, 5100's at 0, 1/4" toytec spacer, rear tsb = GOOD TIMES!

Old 03-04-2011, 05:31 AM   #1
zano is on a distinguished road
zano's Tacoma Gallery
eibach coils, 5100's at 0, 1/4" toytec spacer, rear tsb = GOOD TIMES!

just finished installing my lift, here are a few pics.....

before

after
after

Old 03-04-2011, 05:39 AM   #2
T-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T-rev's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good! I am thinking of doing the same set up. How does it ride? About how much lift did you get in the front?
Old 03-04-2011, 05:41 AM   #3
Ive got tiger blood
0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
0BlackTaco6's Tacoma Gallery
looks great man. Thinking i mite go that route instead of just the 5100's. Any issues that need to be worked out?(vibes, ride quality)
Old 03-04-2011, 06:26 AM   #4
Tacohead
HuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant future

Name: Kevin
HuntnTruk's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered the same setup. I am going with a 1.5" aal instead of the tsb.

How was the install?
Old 03-04-2011, 06:29 AM   #5
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Looks nice
Old 03-05-2011, 03:54 AM   #7
zano's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks man..it gave me about 1.5" of lift in the front with the spacer, but i've only driven it about 150 miles since i installed it.. hopefully it wont settle in and drop down any more.. i like the look
Old 03-05-2011, 04:06 AM   #8
zano's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntnTruk View Post
Just ordered the same setup. I am going with a 1.5" aal instead of the tsb.

How was the install?

install went pretty smooth.. about 4 hours with me taking my sweet time...i rented this spring compressor from autozone and after i assembled the first new coil, the hooks that actuallly grab the springs were too big to remove from between the coil... i had to work them all the way toward the bottom of the spring where there is a larger gap and pry them out... scratched the hell out of my new spring and i lost an hour messing with it!
Old 03-05-2011, 04:07 AM   #9
zano's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zano View Post
install went pretty smooth.. about 4 hours with me taking my sweet time...i rented this spring compressor from autozone and after i assembled the first new coil, the hooks that actuallly grab the springs were too big to remove from between the coil... i had to work them all the way toward the bottom of the spring where there is a larger gap and pry them out... scratched the hell out of my new spring and i lost an hour messing with it!
Old 03-05-2011, 04:25 AM   #10
zano's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0BlackTaco6 View Post
looks great man. Thinking i mite go that route instead of just the 5100's. Any issues that need to be worked out?(vibes, ride quality)
so far, no vibes at all... well, i do get the occasional "damn, i wish that was my truck!" vibes from other truck owners as i pass them... As far as the ride quality?... my wife even noticed the huge difference from the oem set up.. much smoother going over rough roads here in illinois, much less body lean taking corners.. WELL WORTH the $$!!