1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OME LIFT KIT w/ LIGHT RACING UCA ALIGNMENT SPECS

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by plee33, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Mar 4, 2011 at 12:07 PM
    plee33

plee33 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Sacramento, CA.
    Vehicle:
    SWB TRD Sport Long Bed 4x4
    SnugTop SuperSport Shell, BedRug, OME Heavy Duty Lift Kit, Weathertech Liners, more to come....
    I just got my OME lift kit on the other day. Slapped on a pair of Light Racing UCAs also. Got my alignment done at Sears today. How are my alignment specs? Where should my specs be since the geometry of the truck has been altered with the lift kit? Attached photos of my alignment specs.

IMG_1948.jpg
    IMG_1949.jpg

2. Mar 4, 2011 at 12:14 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Subbed

3. Mar 4, 2011 at 12:20 PM
    Drunknsloth

Drunknsloth Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Blacked-Out Badges; Retribution Decals (Sockmonkey); Tailgate Mod; Red LED Rear Blinkers; Yellow Foglights; Yellow Front Blinkers; Superwhite Xenon Corner Bulb; Leer Bedcap; Bedrug Bedmat; Black Cupholders; Black Plastic Piece Around Window Controls; Plasti-Dip Front Bumper Valence; Plasti-Dip Grill Surround; Blackout Chrome Back Bumper; Metal Miller Skid-Plate; Aero Turbine 2525 Muffler; TSB Rear Leaf Springs and Shocks; Satoshi Grill Pending; Off-Roading Torn off Mirror (Replaced); Blue-Sea Fuse Box; Tinted Tail Lights; URD Short Shifter; Interior Mood Lighting; Hood Lights; BedLights Pending
    If I understand it correctly, they where just adjusting the "before" numbers to between the "specific" numbers to correct the alignment. The "actual" numbers you have right now are all between the "specific" numbers so it should be good.

4. Mar 4, 2011 at 12:25 PM
    plee33

plee33 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Sacramento, CA.
    Vehicle:
    SWB TRD Sport Long Bed 4x4
    SnugTop SuperSport Shell, BedRug, OME Heavy Duty Lift Kit, Weathertech Liners, more to come....
    From what chris4x4 said alignment specs should be,
    camber: 0
    toe: 0
    caster: 2.4-3.1

With my light racings on, shouldn't I be closer to 2.4 on caster or do I have to make a "special" request?

5. Mar 4, 2011 at 12:27 PM
    Drunknsloth

Drunknsloth Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Blacked-Out Badges; Retribution Decals (Sockmonkey); Tailgate Mod; Red LED Rear Blinkers; Yellow Foglights; Yellow Front Blinkers; Superwhite Xenon Corner Bulb; Leer Bedcap; Bedrug Bedmat; Black Cupholders; Black Plastic Piece Around Window Controls; Plasti-Dip Front Bumper Valence; Plasti-Dip Grill Surround; Blackout Chrome Back Bumper; Metal Miller Skid-Plate; Aero Turbine 2525 Muffler; TSB Rear Leaf Springs and Shocks; Satoshi Grill Pending; Off-Roading Torn off Mirror (Replaced); Blue-Sea Fuse Box; Tinted Tail Lights; URD Short Shifter; Interior Mood Lighting; Hood Lights; BedLights Pending
    I would guess that it has to be requested, but don't quote me on that

6. Mar 6, 2011 at 1:42 PM
    revhappyleon

revhappyleon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    Tampa near macdill
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner V6 6-speed(custom dual exhaust)
    dual exhaust, foglight anytime, satoshi, chlm, aux backup lights and electric fan conversion
    your fine where you are from the numbers it shouldn't pull so unless the steering wheel is off center or it wanders on the freeway it's near perfect

7. Mar 6, 2011 at 1:51 PM
    Sprink669

Sprink669 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I have the same set up as you. I told the tech that I had adj. joints and I got my truck back and I have 2.2* left and 1.8* right front CAMBER settings. Caster and Toe are at 0*. My steering wheel was slightly cocked and they fixed that but I have been following this post http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/su...r-lr-uca-install-will-more-castor-help-2.html

I do have some bump steer but not all of the time. I am going to go back and tell the tech (who never touched the adj. joints) that he needs to do it over again. I am going to have them set at 3.0* of Caster.

8. Mar 6, 2011 at 2:03 PM
    crf69

crf69 scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD OR BSP cab'n 1/2
    ummm yeah
    Subbed

9. Mar 6, 2011 at 2:04 PM
    raswank

raswank Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Auburn,Ma
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 6 speed
    Grillcraft, Rear leaf TSB, 5100's at .85, with Eibachs, 265/70/17 BF Goodrich AT/S Tires, Hella 500's behind Grill, Kenwood KDC X995 H/U all Boston Acoustic speakers, JL Audio subs, Kenwood XR5 S amp, ATX Chrome 17x8 wheels
    So I get my Eibachs, 5100's, 1/4 inch Drivers spacer, and Light Racing UCA's put in Tuesday. What should I tell the guy to get my alignment to? He did my front 5100's already, and the alignment was awesome. Never wandered, nothing. I could let go of the steering wheel and it would go straight. So let me what specs Chris 4X4 and I will make sure it is done. Thanks for all your time.

Products Discussed in

To Top