Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5100 with eibach

Old 03-04-2011, 12:21 PM   #1
SIINALOA 226
sinaloa226 is on a distinguished road

sinaloa226's Tacoma Gallery
5100 with eibach

Is anyone running this with 5100 set at 1.75?
Old 03-04-2011, 12:26 PM   #2
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinaloa226 View Post
Is anyone running this with 5100 set at 1.75?
You should not change the 5100 settings with Eibach coils. The Eibach already give you about a 3" lift. Setting the 5100's at 1.75 would not be a good idea for your suspension
Old 03-04-2011, 12:27 PM   #3
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
if your running eibachs, you want to set the 5100's at 0 and let the coils give you the lift...
Old 03-04-2011, 12:46 PM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
You should not change the 5100 settings with Eibach coils. The Eibach already give you about a 3" lift. Setting the 5100's at 1.75 would not be a good idea for your suspension
Eibach coils on a 2nd Gen shouldn't give you 3" of lift... They're supposed to give you 1.6' lift if you set the 5100's at 0 and you can get about 2.5 +/- if you set them at .85. You shouldn't go to any of the higher settings with Eibach springs, you could end up doing damage and it'll probably ride like a dump truck.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:05 PM   #5
Ainokea
RecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
RecklessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Eibach coils on a 2nd Gen shouldn't give you 3" of lift... They're supposed to give you 1.6' lift if you set the 5100's at 0 and you can get about 2.5 +/- if you set them at .85. You shouldn't go to any of the higher settings with Eibach springs, you could end up doing damage and it'll probably ride like a dump truck.
He is correct about the hieght they give you. Eibachs for the first gens put you at 3" lift, but the Eibach Lift coils for the 2nd gens only gives 1.6" of lift, so to achieve a 2.5" - 3" lift you will need to set the Eibachs at .85 but no higher than that. That is directly from Dylan at Toytec! Plus i just installed this setup, and love it!
Old 03-04-2011, 02:57 PM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
If you set them at 1.75 with the eibach you will have very little down-travel left on the shocks. That is why it is not recommended.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:16 PM   #7
SIINALOA 226
sinaloa226 is on a distinguished road

sinaloa226's Tacoma Gallery
so what gives you a better ride running the 5100 alone at 2.5 or 5100 at .85 and eibachs?
Old 03-04-2011, 04:25 PM   #8
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinaloa226 View Post
so what gives you a better ride running the 5100 alone at 2.5 or 5100 at .85 and eibachs?

I've never ridden in a truck with eibachs, but I've never heard anything but good things about the ride....
Old 03-04-2011, 04:28 PM   #9
wolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
wolfdog2314's Tacoma Gallery
Go for eibachs and 5100's at .85. You'll love it! I do :-D
Old 03-04-2011, 04:31 PM   #10
Smackalicious!
Bz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant future

Air Force: 169th FW
Name: Bryan
Bz3r0's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Bz3r0 Send a message via Yahoo to Bz3r0
Just put the Toytec lift kit on my truck two weekends ago, and have Eibach coils... Its definitely a different feel, but rides great. My suspension isn't even broken-in yet. I think the factory set comes at about 2 1/2" to 3" of lift.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:13 PM   #11
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
I'm doing the 5100 @ .85 + Eibach install tomorrow. Can't wait!
Old 03-04-2011, 11:41 PM   #12
Still not worthy!
Sawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud of

Air Force: Security Forces
Name: Jason
Sawick's Tacoma Gallery
5100s with some Eibach's is the exact same thing I plan on doing. I dont want a 3" lift simply because I dont want to drop my diff (4x4). So I think the coils and maybe .85 on the shocks will get me in that sweet spot somplace in the middle!
Old 03-04-2011, 11:44 PM   #13
1st Gen. Pride
only_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really nice

Name: Kevin
only_K's Tacoma Gallery
Hey op props for being so close to Turlock!
Old 03-17-2011, 03:40 PM   #14
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
Wolfpack, your at the 0 setting with with the billies and Eibachs? I already have billies and was contemplating to upgrading to Eibachs and an AAL, but if LR UCAs are neccesary I dont know if it would be worth it considering that would be pretty close to the cost of just getting coilovers...
Old 03-17-2011, 05:44 PM   #15
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
that was my deciding factor on the eibachs.......I dont want to spend more money on UCA's, nor do I want alignment issues.

Eibachs+5100's at 0 setting worked just fine for me.

plush, about 2" of lift.......adding the toytec 1/4" DRIVERS side spacer makes my truck level on each side.

No alignment issues at all, even tire wear, stock UCA.
hmm I haven't needed a 1/4 inch spacer with my billies and stock coils, do you think switching to Eibachs would cause it?
Old 04-09-2011, 09:07 PM   #16
MtnTopCanuck is on a distinguished road

Name: Dwayne
MtnTopCanuck's Tacoma Gallery
I recently removed F&R Icon's from my truck (yes you read right), and installed Eibach springs and a LH lean spacer with 5100's set at .85. (I also have an aftermarket steel bumper and UCA's, both which contribute to ride quality.)
I could not be happier! The performance is more than enough for me offroad, and in my opinion is incredible onroad. I am not jumping the truck, speeding down washboard roads, or rock crawling; I am using it for transportation to recreation. I really don't need any more suspension than my new setup, it is very balanced for my usage. The Icon coilovers had too high of spring rate, too much compression dampening, and not enough rebound dampening for MY desired ride.
The 5100's at .85 and Eibachs with the lean spacer put me at ~22" L&R from wheel center vertically to wheel opening, with an aftermarket bumper installed on a 2nd Gen. DC LB 4x4.
I would recommend this setup to a friend
Old 04-10-2011, 10:37 PM   #17
ibensted is on a distinguished road

Name: Ian
ibensted's Tacoma Gallery
getting lift ready

So, just to clairify, to go ahead with this setup i am going to need: 4 bilstein 5100's, the two front eibach springs and the 1/4 driver side spacer (never heard about this taco lean till today, glad i did some more research). I am in canada so i believe my leafs are OK. Set the billie's at 0 in i should be good?
Old 04-10-2011, 10:46 PM   #18
miketv will become famous soon enoughmiketv will become famous soon enough
Name: Mike
miketv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibensted View Post
So, just to clairify, to go ahead with this setup i am going to need: 4 bilstein 5100's, the two front eibach springs and the 1/4 driver side spacer (never heard about this taco lean till today, glad i did some more research). I am in canada so i believe my leafs are OK. Set the billie's at 0 in i should be good?

You should be GTG, I've been running the exact same setup for 6months and have been very pleased.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:31 AM   #19
MtnTopCanuck is on a distinguished road

Name: Dwayne
MtnTopCanuck's Tacoma Gallery
I forgot to mention that I have the swaybar relocation kit installed, but not sure if you will need it. One of the guys at toytec will be able to tell you that. Count on needing an alignment after your install, I needed one for sure, and I already had a lift and uca's. I think this setup should sit nice for you, as you will get less lift than some others did because we have double cab weight. Probably will get you close to level.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:41 PM   #20
ibensted is on a distinguished road

Name: Ian
ibensted's Tacoma Gallery
thanks man, i appreciate it...

where did you order your stuff from?