Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Do I need shackles or leaf pack?

Old 03-06-2011, 06:34 AM   #1
campintruck is on a distinguished road
Name: Frank
campintruck's Tacoma Gallery
Do I need shackles or leaf pack?

I'm calling up toytec Monday to order 5100's, Eibach coil springs, diff. drop kit and power steering bushing kit. I have a 2001 Tacoma 4x4 with a ARE camper shell. I installed a AAL a year and half ago. I have about 1 1/4" lift on the rear. I like the extra height in the rear because I do alot of camping and hauling and I want it to level out when I travel. Do yall think I need a new leaf pack, some longer shackles or a stiffer AAL to compensate for the lift in front. Also, while I'm doing all this work, should I replace all my bushings. Thanks, Frank
Old 03-06-2011, 06:36 AM   #2
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by campintruck View Post
I'm calling up toytec Monday to order 5100's, Eibach coil springs, diff. drop kit and power steering bushing kit. I have a 2001 Tacoma 4x4 with a ARE camper shell. I installed a AAL a year and half ago. I have about 1 1/4" lift on the rear. I like the extra height in the rear because I do alot of camping and hauling and I want it to level out when I travel. Do yall think I need a new leaf pack, some longer shackles or a stiffer AAL to compensate for the lift in front. Also, while I'm doing all this work, should I replace all my bushings. Thanks, Frank
if you have the cash and want it done right then do the new leaf pack
Old 03-06-2011, 09:20 PM   #3
campintruck is on a distinguished road
Name: Frank
campintruck's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, let me rephrase the question! If your on a budget, how do shackles perform?