Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME 885's + billies which AAL?

Old 03-06-2011, 11:55 PM   #1
takomabeast is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
takomabeast's Tacoma Gallery
OME 885's + billies which AAL?

Alright guys, like many others I've searched and I've searched but have failed to find an exact answer. I am looking into an ome 885+5100 combo up front. I don't have the tsp done on my 05 dbl cab. I was going to go with an AAL in the rear to level out that 2.5" lift. My question is...do I get the 1.5" AAL or the 2" AAL? I've noticed others go with a 1.5" AAL with the 884 combos but haven't seen a post on 885's without the tsb. Will that rear lift be too high?? Or will the fact that I don't have the tsb done make the 2" lift a good fit?

Thx for the help
Old 03-06-2011, 11:56 PM   #2

Btw when I refer to the 1.5 or 2" AAL I'm referring to toytecs AAL options...
Old 03-07-2011, 12:12 AM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I have that same set up and I got the 2" AAL
Old 03-07-2011, 12:13 AM   #4
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

885X Springs, 5100s all around and a 2" AAL with Light Racing UCAs
Old 03-07-2011, 12:15 AM   #5

Oh, and I was at about 3.5" up front but they've settled to a smudge over 3 or right at it anyway
Old 03-07-2011, 12:18 AM   #6
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
Oh, and I was at about 3.5" up front but they've settled to a smudge over 3 or right at it anyway
Do you have the top plate spacers as well Scott ?
Old 03-07-2011, 12:20 AM   #7

Is it pretty level or is the rake noticeable?
Old 03-07-2011, 12:20 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Do you have the top plate spacers as well Scott ?
no, OME revised the springs a few years back to prevent severe sagging so their a little stiffer...
Old 03-07-2011, 12:21 AM   #9
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
no, OME revised the springs a few years back to prevent severe sagging so their a little stiffer...
I just took mine out of the box today and they are the 885X .
Old 03-07-2011, 12:21 AM   #10

See how nose high I was right after we installed it...and thats with a 2" AAL, no TSB

Old 03-07-2011, 12:21 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I just took mine out of the box today and they are the 885X .
thats good!
Old 03-07-2011, 12:23 AM   #12

this is a more current picture...I need 285s
Old 03-07-2011, 12:26 AM   #13

Thx for the quick reply...sick truck btw...that's about the height I'm looking for...think u can post one more side view pic of how it sits now of u have any? I wanna see the level after the settling. Thx!
Old 03-07-2011, 12:26 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by takomabeast View Post
Thx for the quick reply...sick truck btw...that's about the height I'm looking for...think u can post one more side view pic of how it sits now of u have any? I wanna see the level after the settling. Thx!
Thanks man, let me find a pic...gimme a sec
Old 03-07-2011, 12:28 AM   #15

A little better, I can take a good picture tomorrow

Old 03-07-2011, 12:30 AM   #16
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacosupreme54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
A little better, I can take a good picture tomorrow
how do you compare the ride from the spacers to the 885 coils? i know they are supposed to be sort of stiff, but compared to a spacer, it bet they ride like butter, lol.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:33 AM   #17

No need for another, that pic works. Damn I'm settled! Thx for the pics!
Old 03-07-2011, 12:34 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacosupreme54 View Post
how do you compare the ride from the spacers to the 885 coils? i know they are supposed to be sort of stiff, but compared to a spacer, it bet they ride like butter, lol.
Oh dude its SOOOO much better than that spacer lift I had...especially paired up with the 5100s

Much better manners on and off road!
Old 03-07-2011, 12:36 AM   #19
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacosupreme54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh dude its SOOOO much better than that spacer lift I had...especially paired up with the 5100s

Much better manners on and off road!
yeah, i'm on the trusty old spacers now, haha. i'll be pulling the trigger on the ome kit this friday when i get this next paycheck. i just wondered how the stiffness compared, but anything will feel better than spacers lol. after seeing that pic, i might leave the top plate spacers off.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:41 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacosupreme54 View Post
yeah, i'm on the trusty old spacers now, haha. i'll be pulling the trigger on the ome kit this friday when i get this next paycheck. i just wondered how the stiffness compared, but anything will feel better than spacers lol. after seeing that pic, i might leave the top plate spacers off.
I'm really happy with the ride man...its not THAT stiff but its firm!

Thats awesome your getting a new lift soon...post up pics when you do