Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Bilstein 5100's after TSB

Old 03-07-2011, 07:24 AM   #1
Taco Tuesday
ShaneHD is on a distinguished road
ShaneHD's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5100's after TSB

I just had the TSB completed for the rear leaf springs on my 2010 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner CrewCab TRD. The ride is much better and I can tell a difference.

As for the front end, it slopes. I expected this. So, I want to level it out and found that I can do so easily with a set of Bilstein 5100's (adjustable). Is this a good deal:

http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-13...djustable.html

Comes out to $282 after discount. Do I need all 4 of them or just the front? Would I need to take them to a shop or could I change these with a good socket and wrench set?
Old 03-07-2011, 07:32 AM   #2
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
That is the best deal you will find. Get all for, your rear will be even better with the 5100's. Stick by DSM, because they will stick by you.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:46 AM   #3
Sheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sheppy
Sheppymach's Tacoma Gallery
That's where i just got mine from. Awesome service fast shipping. Love the way the truck rides now. Getting 285 Revo2's put on tonight.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:53 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
The rears are fairly simple and straight forward to install with standard tools. You'll need a little more than the standard socket/wrench set for the fronts. You'll need a spring compressor which you can either rent from a place like advance auto or borrow from a friend. An impact wrench would make the project easier but is not required. There's a DIY write-up on here, I'd recommend giving it a read and seeing if it's beyond your comfort level. Also, you'd need to have a shop align your front end after the installation of the fronts (not required for just the rears).