1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bilstein 5100's after TSB

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by ShaneHD, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Mar 7, 2011 at 6:24 AM
    ShaneHD

ShaneHD [OP] Taco Tuesday

Member:
    Fort Worth TX
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma CrewCab TRD
    I just had the TSB completed for the rear leaf springs on my 2010 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner CrewCab TRD. The ride is much better and I can tell a difference.

As for the front end, it slopes. I expected this. So, I want to level it out and found that I can do so easily with a set of Bilstein 5100's (adjustable). Is this a good deal:

http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-13...djustable.html

Comes out to $282 after discount. Do I need all 4 of them or just the front? Would I need to take them to a shop or could I change these with a good socket and wrench set?

2. Mar 7, 2011 at 6:32 AM
    raswank

raswank Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Auburn,Ma
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 6 speed
    Grillcraft, Rear leaf TSB, 5100's at .85, with Eibachs, 265/70/17 BF Goodrich AT/S Tires, Hella 500's behind Grill, Kenwood KDC X995 H/U all Boston Acoustic speakers, JL Audio subs, Kenwood XR5 S amp, ATX Chrome 17x8 wheels
    That is the best deal you will find. Get all for, your rear will be even better with the 5100's. Stick by DSM, because they will stick by you.

3. Mar 7, 2011 at 6:46 AM
    Sheppymach

Sheppymach Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sheppy
    Philadelphia, Pa
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner trail edition
    BLU LOGIC bt, avid, weather tech mats & rain guards, 285/70/17, BenWA's totally AWESOME power sliding window mod.
    That's where i just got mine from. Awesome service fast shipping. Love the way the truck rides now. Getting 285 Revo2's put on tonight.

4. Mar 7, 2011 at 6:53 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    The rears are fairly simple and straight forward to install with standard tools. You'll need a little more than the standard socket/wrench set for the fronts. You'll need a spring compressor which you can either rent from a place like advance auto or borrow from a friend. An impact wrench would make the project easier but is not required. There's a DIY write-up on here, I'd recommend giving it a read and seeing if it's beyond your comfort level. Also, you'd need to have a shop align your front end after the installation of the fronts (not required for just the rears).

Products Discussed in

To Top