Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

From spacers to 5100's

Old 03-07-2011, 07:42 AM   #1
T-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T-rev's Tacoma Gallery
Question From spacers to 5100's

I have a 2008 Sport 4x4 and right now I am running a 3" spacer from Revtek with 285/65/18 Nitto's (10 ply sidewall). The ride is horrible on/off road. On road the truck is jarring and bouncy on rough roads. Off road is just about the same, on top of losing down travel from the spacer itself. I will soon be switching to a 6 ply sidewall tire and along with that the Revtek kit is going out. My question is, has anybody gone from a spacer kit to the 5100's? If so, how much of a difference did it make to you? I plan on setting the front to 2.5" on stock coils or matching the 5100's with Eibach coils and setting them at the 0.85" setting. If anybody has either of these setups please feel free to throw your opinion out there. Realistically I am off road less than 5% of the time, so I have no need for coil overs or anything off road specific. I am looking for on road comfort, with off road functionality when I need it. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:07 PM   #2
T-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T-rev's Tacoma Gallery
Bump, anyone?
Old 03-09-2011, 03:39 PM   #3

T-rev's Tacoma Gallery
Back to the top!
Old 03-09-2011, 04:18 PM   #4
FLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
FLtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I went from spacers to 5100s at 2.5. And ride quality is better. 1 being stock and 10 being spacer I'd rate it a 6. So half as bad as the spacer compared to stock almost. That's just my opinion. Doing rears aswell makes it was better though.
When I did mine my stock setup had 5 years of wear and tear though
Old 03-09-2011, 06:29 PM   #5
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
I would say get the eibachs with the 5100's. The stock spring just can't handle the preload. I ended up getting the spring with the adjustable collar from toytec cause I wanted it adjustable but basically the same thing. When it first went on it was stiffer than I thought it would be but dirt roads it softened up instantly. Then I removed my sway bar and it made a huge difference. It essentially lowers the spring rate and chills the stiffness out. Come out wheeling with us sometime if u want and can check it out.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:40 PM   #7
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by achirdo View Post
as soon as i get money i will go from spacers to icon ext travel coilovers
Better option! Think ill eventually get these for more travel but I'm liking these toytec's!