Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

off road shocks

Old 03-07-2011, 08:23 AM   #1
Tacoma2nd is on a distinguished road
Tacoma2nd's Tacoma Gallery
off road shocks

what are some really good shocks i should get for my 06 tacoma? i got a lift and im wanting to replace the factory shocks with some that will increase my ride quality on and off road.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:28 AM   #2
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
bilstien 5100,icon,ome are the top three but not in that order
Old 03-07-2011, 08:54 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Don't forget King/Sway Away/Radflo... lots of options.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:02 AM   #4
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma2nd View Post
what are some really good shocks i should get for my 06 tacoma? i got a lift and im wanting to replace the factory shocks with some that will increase my ride quality on and off road.
if you are looking to improve your ride quality get rid of the spacer lift.

if you have the money go w/ a set of race style coilovers: King, Icon, Fox, SAW

stay away from the toytec crap
Old 03-07-2011, 09:04 AM   #5
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
Newbs leading newbs..........tacomaworlds new saying..

He asked a general, non-specific question and got a general, non-specific answer? Failing to see the problem oh wise one... Everyone has to start somewhere.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:18 AM   #6
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Search. SearchSearchSearch.

The short version is: adjustable C/Os from race companies are the top tier of bolt-on applications.

Then you have replacement springs and shocks, such as Bilstein/Eibach/OME.

Everything below that, I wouldn't let touch my truck.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:58 PM   #7
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post

He asked a general, non-specific question and got a general, non-specific answer? Failing to see the problem oh wise one... Everyone has to start somewhere.
He said Bilstein and OME are two of the top three shocks available... above King, Fox, etc. Which is not the truth. The guy who answered should not have answered, because he does not know enough to give an answer or claim who is best or "top 3" shock manufacturers.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:07 PM   #8

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevL View Post
He said Bilstein and OME are two of the top three shocks available... above King, Fox, etc. Which is not the truth. The guy who answered should not have answered, because he does not know enough to give an answer or claim who is best or "top 3" shock manufacturers.
More common may have been a more appropriate term vs. top 3 but the other comment was just uncalled for and completely irrelevant...
Old 03-07-2011, 05:10 PM   #9
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Up for interpretation guys. Could have meant Top Performance, or could have meant Top Sellers. Either way, they are all good suggestions. Just need to narrow down what is best for the OP depending on situation (performance, budget, needs, etc).
Old 03-07-2011, 05:13 PM   #10
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

crf69's Tacoma Gallery
ok i should of have made this more clear.....when i meant top three i meant top three most popular.....not most radical damn
Old 03-07-2011, 05:14 PM   #11

crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
More common may have been a more appropriate term vs. top 3 but the other comment was just uncalled for and completely irrelevant...
yeah you got it....