Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Bilstein lift kit vs OME suspension lift kit?

Old 03-08-2011, 06:38 PM   #22
Tythias is on a distinguished road
Tythias's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude View Post
http://www.off-road.com/trucks-4x4/r...com-22170.html

Link above has a review claiming Revtek solves some of the spacer problems:

"Now that Revtek as made an introduction to the industry, they seem to bring the "perfect spacer" design to the public. Revtek's spacer is a 3" lift, split between two spacers. The thicker of the two, shown in the picture saying "Revtek", goes in the coil pack. The second spacer is placed above the coil pack. This gives you a 3" lift.

With Revtek's design you do not run into the problem of a stiff suspension, no more topping out, and no stress on the suspension components such as ball joints, cv joints, or cv"

Is this claim full of it or any truth to it?
To anwser this 100% I can't myself.
Revtek claim to solve the top out issue with their "Top Out Extenders"
They use both Top and Preload spacers.

However I do know someone who bought a used tacoma with a Revtek kit already installed. Revtek with a block in the rear to be exact.
He has since then upgraded to the Ultimate Lift Kit from Toytec with AALs for the rear.
He told me that the front ride is softer with the ULK but the rear is a bit more stiff than the Revtek. Obviously this is due to the Block vs AAL.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:50 PM   #23
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tythias View Post
To anwser this 100% I can't myself.
Revtek claim to solve the top out issue with their "Top Out Extenders"
They use both Top and Preload spacers.

However I do know someone who bought a used tacoma with a Revtek kit already installed. Revtek with a block in the rear to be exact.
He has since then upgraded to the Ultimate Lift Kit from Toytec with AALs for the rear.
He told me that the front ride is softer with the ULK but the rear is a bit more stiff than the Revtek. Obviously this is due to the Block vs AAL.

nuff said.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:56 PM   #24
thedude is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: Lucas
thedude's Tacoma Gallery
I don't mind paying the extra $400 or so for the OME, Bilstein or mixed kit as long as it's really worth it and the install price doesn't go way up. I'm not a DIY type when it comes to stuff like this so that's not an option for me. Consensus is clear so I'm going to go OME unless it gets crazy expensive. Thanks for the help
Old 03-09-2011, 04:58 AM   #25
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude View Post
I don't mind paying the extra $400 or so for the OME, Bilstein or mixed kit as long as it's really worth it and the install price doesn't go way up. I'm not a DIY type when it comes to stuff like this so that's not an option for me. Consensus is clear so I'm going to go OME unless it gets crazy expensive. Thanks for the help

Yea man, if you are gonna get something, might as well just get what will work best TOGETHER. By that I mean not mixing it up, and just get components that are meant to work together.

good luck on your purchase man.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:25 AM   #26
intense is on a distinguished road

Army: 82nd Airborne / Ranger
intense's Tacoma Gallery
Worked for mine, removed 5100's went back stock shocks and rev tec, rides great ! what suspension package U running ?
Old 03-09-2011, 05:35 AM   #27
Quote:
Originally Posted by intense View Post
Worked for mine, removed 5100's went back stock shocks and rev tec, rides great ! what suspension package U running ?

Who

Mines in my sig.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:53 AM   #28
Air Force:
thedude's Tacoma Gallery
I'm getting the TRD Sport package. I thought you were joking about the revteks at first too. I have a buddy who has them and is happy but he bought the truck with them already on so he has nothing to compare it too.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:05 PM   #29
toyotakits is on a distinguished road
toyotakits's Tacoma Gallery
Lifts

Just to let a few of you guys know, the Revtek kit is one of the best kits on the market and one of the only ones backed by Toyota at the dealer level. The split spacer design does not affect the suspension geometry. The ride is by no means harsh, it actually makes the truck perform and corner better. You would be crazy to not put in a diff drop kit unless you like replacing drive axle and boots all the time. For the money Revtek is the best deal out there and most complete kit. Revtek was the first kit on the market for Toyota's when Toyota came out with the strut desing front suspension. Just some info to share
Old 03-09-2011, 03:47 PM   #32
Air Force:
thedude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotakits View Post
Just to let a few of you guys know, the Revtek kit is one of the best kits on the market and one of the only ones backed by Toyota at the dealer level. The split spacer design does not affect the suspension geometry. The ride is by no means harsh, it actually makes the truck perform and corner better. You would be crazy to not put in a diff drop kit unless you like replacing drive axle and boots all the time. For the money Revtek is the best deal out there and most complete kit. Revtek was the first kit on the market for Toyota's when Toyota came out with the strut desing front suspension. Just some info to share
I know the dealer here installs them and that's what they recommend. Not sure if it's because that is the cheapest route or what?
Old 03-09-2011, 04:08 PM   #33
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You've never wheeled with that spacer on have you? It sucks! In fact, street driving was miserable as well........but that was just my experience!
Old 03-09-2011, 04:26 PM   #34
toyotakits is on a distinguished road
toyotakits's Tacoma Gallery
Actually yes they have used the kits in Moab on many apllications. The Toyota Trail team had ran Revtek kits in all 6 of their FJ's that traveled all over. Everybody is going to have their own opinions on what is good and what is bad. The only kits that will destroy the suspension in a short period of time are the kits that are all top out spacers, the bolt on and stuff it back in place. Diff drop kits are a must. The last few Toyota's we have done we put Revtek kits in and the alignment only needed to have a toe setting done, the customers where happy.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:27 PM   #35
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I know where this thread is heading .
Old 03-09-2011, 04:33 PM   #36
Tythias's Tacoma Gallery
lol,
Old 03-09-2011, 04:35 PM   #37
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
It's night and day difference my friend!

"Thats all I've got to say about that"
Old 03-09-2011, 04:43 PM   #38
T-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T-rev's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah, that's nice. But in all seriousness; if you actually plan on driving your truck instead of just looking at it, stay away from Revtek.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:55 PM   #39
Tythias's Tacoma Gallery
So OP, you can listen to the members from this forum that have switched from the Revtek kit telling you not to get it.

OR

You can listen to the wonderful story posted above from the new guy that created an account just for that purpose. Unless!!! it's a current member creating an account to post that because he or she does not want to be shamed!?

In the end it's your choice, we just don't want to see a FS Revtek kit on the forum in the near future
Old 03-09-2011, 06:05 PM   #40
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Actually yes they have used the kits in Moab on many apllications. The Toyota Trail team had ran Revtek kits in all 6 of their FJ's that traveled all over. Everybody is going to have their own opinions on what is good and what is bad. The only kits that will destroy the suspension in a short period of time are the kits that are all top out spacers, the bolt on and stuff it back in place. Diff drop kits are a must. The last few Toyota's we have done we put Revtek kits in and the alignment only needed to have a toe setting done, the customers where happy.
Ok...You clearly dont understand how an IFS works.