Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Total Chaos UCA how-to Install

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-04-2013, 05:20 PM   #361
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Oh yeah maybe . I just said f it . I left both sides bent so they come out pretty easy
Thats another way to do it
Old 02-28-2013, 12:30 PM   #362
Deer dogger
Robbiethekidmusic is on a distinguished road
Name: Robbo
Robbiethekidmusic's Tacoma Gallery
Alright I have a question for Chris since you seem to be really knowledgable about this stuff. I have a zone offroad 6" suspension lift with the 6" strut spacers, stock springs and billy 5100's set at 0. I would like to set the Billy's at 2.5" of lift plus the 6" that's already there to achieve more lift. If I went with a set of total chaos UCA's and that setting on the billys would I be able to get it in alignment spec? Just something I've never done before so any advice would be much appreciated.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:32 PM   #363
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiethekidmusic View Post
Alright I have a question for Chris since you seem to be really knowledgable about this stuff. I have a zone offroad 6" suspension lift with the 6" strut spacers, stock springs and billy 5100's set at 0. I would like to set the Billy's at 2.5" of lift plus the 6" that's already there to achieve more lift. If I went with a set of total chaos UCA's and that setting on the billys would I be able to get it in alignment spec? Just something I've never done before so any advice would be much appreciated.
Yes.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:08 PM   #364
Deer dogger
Robbiethekidmusic is on a distinguished road
Name: Robbo
Robbiethekidmusic's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome man, I surely appreciate it.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:38 PM   #365
1904 is on a distinguished road
1904's Tacoma Gallery
Installed mine today! Great write up
Old 03-02-2013, 11:42 PM   #366
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Me too. This sticky was very helpful.
But before I started, I had already decided to cut off the bolt heads instead of bending the sheet metal. Local dealership had them instock and I pad $12 each. It took less than a minute to cut off the head with a sawzall and slide them out through the back.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:47 PM   #367
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery

I love mine!!!
Old 03-03-2013, 06:31 PM   #368
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Got both sides done now.
Quick tip on the drivers side.
There are a few lines(red arrow) in the way of removing/installing the pivot bolt. Remove the two nuts (green arrows) with a 10mm wrench. I got some paracord and made a choker to tie the fuel lines off to the header. There was enough room to slide the bolt back in this way.

hope this helps somebody
Old 03-27-2013, 10:11 AM   #370
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDMike66 View Post
quick question i have billies at the highest setting should i install uca's? or are the stock ones fine?
Is your alignment good without them? Do you have the amount of travel you want with your equipment? If it is fine then the next question is how deep are your pockets?
Old 04-08-2013, 03:51 PM   #371
snow is awesome
VE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob II
VE7OSR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
If you are refering to the UCA bolt mounting it to the frame, its easier to re install the oposite direction, rather than going the other way.
Ha, easier, but barely. I used a piece of 11-12" 3/8" redirod with a sleeve of tygon tubing over it (just because I had it) to align the the washers & UCA to the truck mounting, sliding the redirod in from the top.That held everything aligned so the cursed long bolt would hopefully be lined up properly when it got pushed in.

Then cursed, wiggled fuel lines, (driver's side), lined up, tapped the UCA bolt in from the bottom, along with the occasional turning, pushing, and more cursing.

needless to say this post was a big help, installing Camburg BJ UCA, outside in the rain, last night. Passenger side is tonight's adventure. Should be easier, hope the rain stays away long enough. 24" - 1/2" drive breaker bar is my friend, works well in bending the fender lip.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:34 PM   #372
snow is awesome
VE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob II
VE7OSR's Tacoma Gallery
No rain tonight, passenger side in, almost half the time, now that I know what i'm doing. Had a bit of rust in this bolt; looks like it got some moisture trapped in there; cleaned up the bolt, brushed some anti-sieze on it, and got it back in. The clip for the Antilock brake sensor did not line up well on the passenger side; secured with zap strap for now. Added some ABS 1.5" (i think) pipe caps and siliconed them in to cover the Camburg arm BJ. drilled and tapped in a small wood screw in the top to pull off the cover in the future to get at the grease nipple.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:15 AM   #373
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
If you are refering to the UCA bolt mounting it to the frame, its easier to re install the oposite direction, rather than going the other way.
You already bend the metal of the way to slide the bolt out, No reason to fuss with the lines to get the bolt in the opposite direction. I found the driver side a lot easier to get the bolt in and out.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:17 AM   #374

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
The metal is already bent out of the way to slide the bolt in/out. I found the driver side a lot easier to get the bolt in and out. No reason to fuss with the lines to get the bolt in the opposite direction.
On some trucks, the body is over slightly to one side, than others. This can make the difference.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:46 PM   #376
MagneticTaco is on a distinguished road

Navy: AT2
Name: Kiel
MagneticTaco's Tacoma Gallery
sub for install
Old 07-17-2013, 07:26 PM   #379
MagneticTaco is on a distinguished road

Navy: AT2
Name: Kiel
MagneticTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I installed mine last week and I also had more trouble with the passenger bolt coming out. Other than that went really smooth. The ball joint is self lubricating according to the instructions and does not need any grease. I used green grease for the bushings. Got it aligned the next day and made a huge difference compared to stock with my 3" lift. Not a bad install besides getting the bolts in and out. Really happy with the outcome
Old 07-18-2013, 03:10 PM   #380
Never Forget! 343
Bengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
Name: Bradley
Bengland25's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagneticTaco View Post
I installed mine last week and I also had more trouble with the passenger bolt coming out. Other than that went really smooth. The ball joint is self lubricating according to the instructions and does not need any grease. I used green grease for the bushings. Got it aligned the next day and made a huge difference compared to stock with my 3" lift. Not a bad install besides getting the bolts in and out. Really happy with the outcome
Yeah mine wasn't too bad at all either, got it all done this morning and love the ride!

Anyone ever not need an alignment after installing these? Mine is just a straight as the day I drove it off the lot!! Was absolutely stoked and amazed at the same time

Products Discussed in this Thread