LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Total Chaos UCA how-to Install

Old 04-15-2009, 10:52 PM   #21
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayet_10 View Post
Awesome write up but what exactly do the UCAS do?
When lifting, you loose caster. Aftermakrket UCA's can add caster to the geometry so the vehicle can be aligned back to stock specs. They are also much stronger than the OEM UCA's, and the Uniballs are much stronger as well. Many UCA's are fully rebuildable and seviceable.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:36 AM   #22
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 283 View Post
LMAO, How many times have you posted that?
Im not really sure..
Old 04-16-2009, 07:20 AM   #23
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
How much $$$...looking good. I put some 5100's on a couple weeks ago at 1.75. Took it to my dealer and got the rear TSb the next day. When I read my service receipt it said it was aligned to Toyata factory specs. The ride is great, no wandering...would the Total Chaos make that much difference?

I really just want them so I have an excuse to take the front suspension apart again...so much fun. No problems whatsoever on installing the 5100's. THe spring compressor was easy, and did not seem dangerous at all....
Old 04-16-2009, 07:56 AM   #24
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendooman View Post
How much $$$...looking good. I put some 5100's on a couple weeks ago at 1.75. Took it to my dealer and got the rear TSb the next day. When I read my service receipt it said it was aligned to Toyata factory specs. The ride is great, no wandering...would the Total Chaos make that much difference?

I really just want them so I have an excuse to take the front suspension apart again...so much fun. No problems whatsoever on installing the 5100's. THe spring compressor was easy, and did not seem dangerous at all....
Only going up 1.75", I think you're ok. I think if you go over 2" is where you start to have some issues...

As always, Chris, correct me if I'm wrong....
Old 04-16-2009, 08:10 AM   #25
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornTaco View Post
Only going up 1.75", I think you're ok. I think if you go over 2" is where you start to have some issues...

Chris...how much$$$
Old 04-16-2009, 08:27 AM   #26

Quote:

I would have to see the print out, but, Your correct. Most issues arise after 2"+ lift.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendooman View Post
Chris...how much$$$
Generally, the TC UCA's can be found for just over $600.00.......around $620.00 to $650.00. Money well spent, IMHO.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:32 AM   #28

Quote:
Mine were $690 shipped from Wheelers...
Ouch.....Now that they are a sponser, maybe they will cut us a break.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:52 PM   #30

Wheelers is awsome..........4wheel Parts sucks.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:56 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by 283 View Post
OOPS! Not wheeler's, it was 4wheelparts. My mistake, editting post now!
Whew! Yeah...4wheel parts sucks.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:22 PM   #32
Sandfire will become famous soon enough

Sandfire's Tacoma Gallery
FYI, I bought my TC UCA's from Northridge toyota in Calif., they had free shipping and I paid $595. I dealt with Carrie, she was great to work with.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:36 PM   #33
Mrgoody86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Air Force: 99th Aircraft Maintainence SQ
Name: Alex
Mrgoody86's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys I just got my tc uca's, Have a question about removing the top bolt on the stock uca's. It says in the write up to bend the fender well, do I bend it towards the center of the cab or out towards the wheel area? What is the simplest way to acomplish this task any insight would be awsome. btw I am super excited about having these installed.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:36 PM   #34
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgoody86 View Post
Hey guys I just got my tc uca's, Have a question about removing the top bolt on the stock uca's. It says in the write up to bend the fender well, do I bend it towards the center of the cab or out towards the wheel area? What is the simplest way to acomplish this task any insight would be awsome. btw I am super excited about having these installed.
You'll need to bend them out away from the truck. I used a pair of channel locks, but something with longer teeth would have been helpful. Just take your time and it'll come out.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:50 AM   #36

Dont try and bend alot. Just a little bit. Enough for the bolt head to clear. Then, Tap the UCA bolt thru with a long 3/8" extension. Make sure the UCA washers dont "follow" the bolt, as they will cause it to bind up.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:06 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgoody86 View Post
Awesome info. thanks chris.
No problem.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:22 AM   #39
www.EvolvedFinance.com
ccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
ccoorreeyy's Tacoma Gallery
Can anyone tell me what the purpose of UCA's are? I know that they help in handling... Or at least that's what I think. And, they're better of off-roading and stuff like that, but I don't know why.

Thanks!
Old 04-28-2009, 12:02 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoorreeyy View Post
Can anyone tell me what the purpose of UCA's are? I know that they help in handling... Or at least that's what I think. And, they're better of off-roading and stuff like that, but I don't know why.

Thanks!
More range of motion with a Uniball. Stronger, rebuildable, and corects for lost caster.

Products Discussed in this Thread