Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-19-2013, 11:44 AM   #381
MagneticTaco is on a distinguished road

Navy: AT2
Name: Kiel
MagneticTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengland25 View Post
Yeah mine wasn't too bad at all either, got it all done this morning and love the ride!

Anyone ever not need an alignment after installing these? Mine is just a straight as the day I drove it off the lot!! Was absolutely stoked and amazed at the same time
My alignment wasn't too bad, prob the same as it was with the stocks which was ok after the lift. I had a 6 month unlimited alignment with tire kingdom so the new alignment was free. Figured why not
Old 07-23-2013, 07:15 PM   #382
ระดับอาวุโส สมาชิกอาวุโส
dYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dyl0n
dYL0n's Tacoma Gallery
Total Chaos UCA how-to Install-image.jpg

^^ is this bracket new? TC UCA purchased last week.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:08 PM   #383
MagneticTaco is on a distinguished road

Navy: AT2
Name: Kiel
MagneticTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dYL0n View Post
Attachment 224779

^^ is this bracket new? TC UCA purchased last week.
Is that the TC UCA's. In black?
Old 07-24-2013, 05:12 AM   #385
ระดับอาวุโส สมาชิกอาวุโส
dYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dyl0n
dYL0n's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagneticTaco View Post
Is that the TC UCA's. In black?
They're not black, still the gunmetal looking grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Yeah it's newer. I bought a set in 08 and it wasn't there, but my wife's have them.
That's what i thought, the kit still came with 2 zip ties and the drawing doesn't show it. I'm glad they put it there..
Old 07-24-2013, 05:21 AM   #386
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
There is an easy way to get the bolt back in the way it came out on the passenger side. I used a 4' pry bar and put it through the grill, the head of the bolt was perfectly in line with it, tap it in with a hammer. This was my 2nd time installing these and I wish I had known this little trick the first time.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:13 AM   #387
HazardousTaco is on a distinguished road
HazardousTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Help needed

I was woundering if they made a uni ball joint upper control arm like these for the 1st gen taco's?
Old 08-06-2013, 06:32 AM   #388
kigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to behold

Name: James
kigmob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HazardousTaco View Post
I was woundering if they made a uni ball joint upper control arm like these for the 1st gen taco's?
Yes. I see this is your first post. Try reading through some stickies and use the search function in the toolbar above to find any answers to questions you may have. More than likely your questions have already been asked and answered..
Old 08-08-2013, 01:35 PM   #390
gretch6364 is on a distinguished road
gretch6364's Tacoma Gallery
Dumb question. How do the aftermarket UCA's provide more travel? Obviously, they would allow more travel due to their shape, etc., but you won't get more travel by just sticking them on your truck, right? You would need to adjust the bump stops and coilovers...right?
Old 08-24-2013, 05:26 PM   #391
drunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sage
drunktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know what the torque specs are for the spindle to the upper control arm?
Old 09-04-2013, 11:23 AM   #393
SpaceBalls is on a distinguished road
SpaceBalls's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyToyTaco View Post
i ended up getting it apart, i used a crow bar, and it popped right up

ready to bash on me?

I get it all together, and start to move my truck and park for the night - and at that point i realized i forgot to hook the sway bar back up. when i turned right, it tore the lower CV boot, and sprayed grease everywhere. lol
I thought you can remove the sway bar for more articulation with no problems!!
Old 09-04-2013, 12:04 PM   #394
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBalls View Post
I thought you can remove the sway bar for more articulation with no problems!!

You can - mine has been off my truck the last 60,000 miles.

He obviously is either trolling or had serious issues during his installation or he drove with the bar loose and it slammed into his CV boots. Either way not good.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:37 PM   #395
SpaceBalls is on a distinguished road
SpaceBalls's Tacoma Gallery
ya that makes more sense! forgot to hook up the bar and it hit the boots!!
Old 12-04-2013, 02:46 PM   #397
octoyotaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
octoyotaco's Tacoma Gallery
If anyone has a pair of these for a 2nd gen tacoma please let me know. Message me and then ill send my cell #
Old 01-08-2014, 05:22 PM   #398
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
BBtacosurfer's Tacoma Gallery
Do you guys running TC grease them like every 6 months or how often? I'm just worried about the maintenance with these uniballs vs. my Light Racing ball joint UCA. I know Chris 4x4 has ran these for like 4 plus years with no squeaking or problems. Is that consistent with all ya'lls experiences? Any problems with noise?
Old 01-11-2014, 06:53 PM   #399
Chi Taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Bart
Chi Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I was wondering if the TC arms will also fix the camber issue i have after the 3" lift.

I had the truck aligned at work and they cant get both sides in spec, after the lift.

i also have new powersteering rack, new lower arm and alignment cams so everything is brand new and both side cant get in spec after i put the lift on. My tires are getting chopped real bad on the outside because the tires arent sitting flat.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:54 PM   #400
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi Taco View Post
I was wondering if the TC arms will also fix the camber issue i have after the 3" lift.

I had the truck aligned at work and they cant get both sides in spec, after the lift.

i also have new powersteering rack, new lower arm and alignment cams so everything is brand new and both side cant get in spec after i put the lift on. My tires are getting chopped real bad on the outside because the tires arent sitting flat.
Yes. It allows for the Camber to be set at .4*, while adding Caster.

Products Discussed in this Thread