Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Total Chaos UCA how-to Install

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-05-2009, 12:00 PM   #41
wilsonpj is a jewel in the roughwilsonpj is a jewel in the roughwilsonpj is a jewel in the rough
Name: Pete
wilsonpj's Tacoma Gallery
Can anyone explain this set up? UCA

I know the photo is not the best, but from what I can tell this is the Total Chaos UCA.

Does anyone know if these are the stock shocks or coil overs? I'm not sure what a stock set up looks like.

I'm looking at buying this truck but the dealer had no idea, obviously.
Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Total Chaos UCA how-to Install-uca.jpeg  
Old 05-05-2009, 12:02 PM   #42
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
stock bilstein shock, with a coil spacer on top
Old 05-05-2009, 12:06 PM   #44
Sandfire will become famous soon enough

Sandfire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonpj View Post
I know the photo is not the best, but from what I can tell this is the Total Chaos UCA.

Does anyone know if these are the stock shocks or coil overs? I'm not sure what a stock set up looks like.

I'm looking at buying this truck but the dealer had no idea, obviously.
Thanks!
Looks to me like that is the stock spring and strut with a 3" spacer lift, and yes TC UCA's.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:10 PM   #45
wilsonpj is a jewel in the roughwilsonpj is a jewel in the roughwilsonpj is a jewel in the rough
Lame, that means I'd prob want to get new coil overs eh? I'm not sure what is on the back end. prob just a spacer. at least leafs are not that expensive.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:11 PM   #46
By the way this is on a '06 Double Cab short bed. 128.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:11 PM   #48
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

did you test drive it?
Old 05-05-2009, 12:12 PM   #49
Not yet... why do you ask? What should I look for?
Old 05-05-2009, 12:14 PM   #50
╒╪╕

drive a stock taco, then drive that one. see how the ride compares. spacers tend to ride stiff, but it depends on your personal preference. of course, coilovers would be bitchin under there with those TC's
Old 05-05-2009, 12:29 PM   #51
Any suggestions for a decent set of coil overs and leafs? or just add a leaf?
Old 05-05-2009, 12:32 PM   #52
╒╪╕

Hit the search button at the top right of the page, if you still have questions - start a thread under suspension

I don't mean to not help - but this thread was meant for the UCA install
Old 05-05-2009, 12:47 PM   #53
Cool no worries. I understand
Old 05-05-2009, 03:54 PM   #54
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
looks like a stock access cab bilstein coil over with a rev-tech lift, I say access cab because of the brown coil, its the only ones i've seen it on
The Brown part of the coil is a rubber sound isolator. THe TRD springs on the double cab and Extra cab modles can slap the coils when compressed. Another reason I hate Progressive rate springs for off roading.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:15 PM   #56
╒╪╕

mine didn't either
Old 05-05-2009, 07:17 PM   #57
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
ohhh. check, new info learned today. wonder why my trd springs dont have that isolator??
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyToyTaco View Post
mine didn't either
I have only seen them on the 07 and up trucks.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:24 AM   #58
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayet_10 View Post
Awesome write up but what exactly do the UCAS do?
Some increase in articulation/travel and the allow the proper adjustment of the alignment.

On the zerks- Did the generic ones fit in without problems, unlike the normal ones, or id they need to get worked in too??

(I'm trying to set mine up right now...... http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/bui...tml#post581893 )
Old 05-06-2009, 12:05 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Some increase in articulation/travel and the allow the proper adjustment of the alignment.

On the zerks- Did the generic ones fit in without problems, unlike the normal ones, or id they need to get worked in too??

(I'm trying to set mine up right now...... http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/bui...tml#post581893 )
Take a Zerk from the kit down to an auto store, and get some that are close in size. They come in packs of different sizes.

Products Discussed in this Thread