Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Total Chaos UCA how-to Install

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-14-2008, 07:12 PM   #1
SILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines:
SILVER06TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Total Chaos UCA how-to Install

Got the total chaos uca's intalled this weekend. With help from Chris it took about 2hrs with only a few minor bumps. They make a night and day difference compared to stock and allow for proper alignment and ride quality. These were installed on my 06 TRD with skyjacker coilovers and AAL's.

go over the instructions and ensure you have all your parts.

note: for some reason my zerks were difficult to get started and hard to tighten. they were actually 3/8. take your time and don't strip em, i did and had to get some generic metric one's at auto zone..the went in by easily by hand.

supplied 3/8 zerk

auto zone one's on the left compared.

start by removing the wheels and placing the truck up on some stands.
remove this bracket (10mm) and un-bend the clips that hold the line.

remove some of the rubber shroud to give yourself some room to see and work. it's easy to just pop it over the plastic clips.

remove the ball joint bolt (19mm)

loosen the top nut (22mm)

you will have to bend the inner fender well just a bit to get the top bolt out. don't worry...it's not as bad as it sounds. use some channel locks and take you time. it helps to have someone look down from the top and guide where to bend. to work the bolt out Chris used a hammer and a 1/4" extension. as you tap it out you may need to continue to bend it some more. just bend as you go so you can see exactly where you're at.

note: remember that when you put the bolt back in; you'll be putting it back in from the rear. so, it's ok if it wedges a bit against the fender when you tap it out.

once you get it out, install it the reverse of the way to you took it out so that it's easier to get in.

install the assembled arm, put the bolt in from the rear and tighten to 83ft lbs

install the ball joint bolt, collars and washers..be sure to review the instructions so you have the correct order.

we used used zip ties to attach the line back to the arm. double check to be sure it will have enough movement free play.

it's basically the same thing on the diver side. here are some more pics of where to bend, how to feed the upper bolt and the finished product.

note: see if you catch it?? one of our bumps

bend here

re-install your upper bolt the opposite way.

align and enjoy....if you want em i have my alignment numbers hit me up and i'll post em. all the credit goes to Chris 4x4 awesome bro! thanks again
Old 09-14-2008, 07:20 PM   #3
SILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolayiv View Post
Great write up!
SF devil....thanks
Old 09-14-2008, 07:33 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Nice write up, Lenard!
I had a great time! We had alot of laughs wich Im sure was the cause for the delays we encountered.
One thing to note: WHen re installing the bolt on the driverside, be carefull when working around the fuel lines near the cab. The bolt will be up against them, just be carfull not to bend or damage the lines.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:37 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
great write up man!!! sounds like you and chris had a kickass saturday!!!
Old 09-14-2008, 07:47 PM   #7
Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
great write up man!!! sounds like you and chris had a kickass saturday!!!

thanks bro....
Old 09-15-2008, 06:06 PM   #8
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
RIGHTON Chris!!!!! Truly a gentleman here AND we are lucky to have him and his expertise in this group!!!! By the way-what are the benefits of these new UCA's over stock-and should I put em on my '01?
Old 09-15-2008, 06:08 PM   #9
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
RIGHTON Chris!!!!! Truly a gentleman here AND we are lucky to have him and his expertise in this group!!!! By the way-what are the benefits of these new UCA's over stock-and should I put em on my '01?
hey uncle frank......the uca's allow for correct alignment angles when you lift a truck. you probably dont need it for a stock setup, but it may make a difference in the ride.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:12 PM   #10
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
hey uncle frank......the uca's allow for correct alignment angles when you lift a truck. you probably dont need it for a stock setup, but it may make a difference in the ride.
AH OK T-thanks I like it just the way it is anyways-I guess ol unk is gittin older
Old 09-15-2008, 06:13 PM   #11

Quote:
AH OK T-thanks I like it just the way it is anyways-I guess ol unk is gittin older
nah......not older.......wiser!!! in the case....im gettin older too......i need sleep soon!!!
Old 09-15-2008, 06:25 PM   #12

Quote:
nah......not older.......wiser!!! in the case....im gettin older too......i need sleep soon!!!
HAA thanks neph
Old 09-15-2008, 06:32 PM   #13
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
To add: when used with longer shocks and springs, you get more travel.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:33 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
To add: when used with longer shocks and springs, you get more travel.
yep.....thanks for covering the bases brotha!!! i knew i was missing something!!
Old 11-23-2008, 07:15 PM   #15
ksj is on a distinguished road
ksj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver06trd
note: see if you catch it?? one of our bumps
Installed it upside down once, eh?

I biggest bump I had was when I tapped the bolt in and it knocked the second sleeve and the last 1/2 bushing out (bolt installed from the top). Had to take it all out again to reinstall the bushing and sleeve...
Old 11-23-2008, 07:33 PM   #16
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Nice write up:

I will have to save this one in my fav. What about them C/O... Never knew skyjacker made those. How much, and how do they perform???
Old 11-23-2008, 07:34 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksj View Post
Installed it upside down once, eh?

I biggest bump I had was when I tapped the bolt in and it knocked the second sleeve and the last 1/2 bushing out (bolt installed from the top). Had to take it all out again to reinstall the bushing and sleeve...
I belive that was the one Silver06TRD did. We were haveing a good time jokeing around and all, and werent paying enough attention. I quickly realized the problem though, before it was installed.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:51 PM   #18
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Thank You... For putting up these pics.You have just saved me from a new uni-ball. Reps for that!!
Old 11-24-2008, 04:51 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
I will have to save this one in my fav. What about them C/O... Never knew skyjacker made those. How much, and how do they perform???
Not sure if Silver06TRD is going to reply right away, BUT, I have ridden in his truck, and I must say they are the best rideing CO's I have been in.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:11 PM   #20
TX
TEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TEX357's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome write up but what exactly do the UCAS do?

Products Discussed in this Thread