Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Icon coilovers or the King RR coilovers?

View Poll Results: Icon coilovers or the King RR coilovers?
Icon 371 50.68%
King RR 361 49.32%
Voters: 732. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2008, 09:34 PM   #21
sincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to all
sincitytaco's Tacoma Gallery
if they have shitty customer service, then i don't want any part of them. What do you mean by "shitty customer service"?
Old 10-17-2008, 06:55 AM   #23
Pat will become famous soon enough

Pat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincitytaco View Post
if they have shitty customer service, then i don't want any part of them. What do you mean by "shitty customer service"?
I guess I should have phrased the differently. I personally have not had any problems with Kings customer service because I have never had to go through them. But several shops that I have been to are switching to a more Fox/Camburg orientated shop because of problems they have had with King's customer service. So I can't say for sure they their customer service is crap, but I know about 3 shops that have had problems with them in the past.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:56 AM   #24
sincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to all
sincitytaco's Tacoma Gallery
If you go to downsouthmotorsports.com they sell the kings for $850, which is 200 less than any place that sells the Icons.
I would gladly pay the $200 more if I am going to get way better customer service. I think I am going to call King with a made up problem about some coilovers I don't own yet and see how they are willing to handle it. If they are dicks about it then Icons I will get. if they are are accomodating kings I will get.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:10 PM   #25
Bearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Bunch-O-Bullshit
Bearskill's Tacoma Gallery
The pole I started has not been much help since it has been neck and neck. But, I have talked to a lot more people that have the Icons and love them. And I don't like all the talk about King having crappy customer sevice. On average my truck is a daily driver. I just want to get rid of this toytec coil spacer cause it rides like crap, and if I change my lift I might as well do it right. Also, I want my truck set up so when I do get a chance to get out I can and not F my shit up. I think I made up my mind and will go with the Icons. Front and back. Then get just the TC UCA and not the Icon UCA. That will be a solid set up right? Thanx for all the input. I still have three weeks till I get home from my deploment, so if ya gots more info on eather of these companys, please keep posting!
Old 10-17-2008, 04:55 PM   #27
Bearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Crap. There is always a catch. The Kings I am looking at have a RR, but only provide up to 2.5" of lift. The Icons provide 3.5". I was planing on keeping my 33"s till I needed new tires, then go smaller. But if I get the Kings I pretty much have to get rid of my 33"s first huh? Damn those Kings would look sweet with my speedway blue. Anyone want some 33" Hankooks with only 10k on them?
Old 10-17-2008, 09:49 PM   #28

Pat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearskill View Post
Crap. There is always a catch. The Kings I am looking at have a RR, but only provide up to 2.5" of lift. The Icons provide 3.5". I was planing on keeping my 33"s till I needed new tires, then go smaller. But if I get the Kings I pretty much have to get rid of my 33"s first huh? Damn those Kings would look sweet with my speedway blue. Anyone want some 33" Hankooks with only 10k on them?
The Kings can give up the 3.0 inches of lift but you really don't want them that high. If you were to crank your Icons up to 3.5" your CV's would be gone in a matter of days. And if you buy your Kings through Downsouthmotorsports then you don't have to go through King. I bought mine from them and they were great. I was going to get the foxes but they were backordered for 2 weeks so they gave me the Kings for the same price as the Foxes, about $200 cheaper.

And to run your 33's you would be fine with the Kings. I just took off my mud flaps and cut come of the weather guard out and they work fine, besides the UCA rub when I crank my wheels fully.

BTW, that $850 is probably only a 2.0 Coilover for Long Travel.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:18 AM   #29

CVs? I have a prerunner. But you are right. I don't want to set what ever I get to the max, would like to be nice to them. Are you sure I could run my 33"s with only 2" or 2.5" lift? Im running 3" coil spacers right now and I rub a little bit. I trimmed, but when I have the weel cranked all the way i still rub on the front and on the UCA. I don't want to go over 3". Thats for sure.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:41 AM   #30

Pat's Tacoma Gallery
Mine are up to about 2.5" and I only rub on my UCA.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:12 PM   #31
gtz85350 is on a distinguished road
gtz85350's Tacoma Gallery
Pat, would you mind posting some pics of your C/O and UCA? This is the set up i am looking into and would like to see it, if possible.... A pic of where it rubs on the UCA too. Thanks!
Old 10-27-2008, 02:22 PM   #32
HI-TECH LIFTS
DAN LUSHER has a brilliant futureDAN LUSHER has a brilliant futureDAN LUSHER has a brilliant futureDAN LUSHER has a brilliant futureDAN LUSHER has a brilliant futureDAN LUSHER has a brilliant futureDAN LUSHER has a brilliant futureDAN LUSHER has a brilliant futureDAN LUSHER has a brilliant futureDAN LUSHER has a brilliant futureDAN LUSHER has a brilliant future
DAN LUSHER's Tacoma Gallery
Icon customer service is top notch, mine are awesome. I dont think it much matters if your not off roading the truck for a living. It all boils down to a matter of opion , they are both quality units.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:20 PM   #33
26+6=1
redrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

redrazr's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to redrazr
ICON is coming out with a RR upgrade for their c/o's. It might already be out, not sure. Just my two cents.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:52 PM   #34

Pat's Tacoma Gallery
This is the only picture I have right now. If you want me to go take some more later I can but its too dark.

Old 10-28-2008, 01:46 PM   #35
Thanks Pat! Theses are the 2.5 correct? idk if you answered this already but what height do you have them set at? Thanks again!
Old 10-28-2008, 02:51 PM   #36

Pat's Tacoma Gallery
Yup there 2.5s and I have them set at about 2.5".
Old 10-28-2008, 02:59 PM   #37

During this pole I have also been looking at the Fox 2.5 RR for our trucks. Well I just got an email from their sales rep. In order to run a new UCA, after paying $1400.00 I would still have to buy a 3/4 extender to run the Total chaos UCAs, and the TCs are the "only" ones I can run. Screw that. How is the ride on those Kings? Is it stiff? I think I have decided to go ICON all the way. Front, back, and the Icon UCAs. The UCA is more, but the coilovers are cheaper than the Kings or the Fox. If you have the Icons tell me how you like or dislike them! I only have a week or so of my deployment left I can't wait to spend some cash on my truck, and get the hell out of here!!!
Old 10-28-2008, 05:53 PM   #38

Pat's Tacoma Gallery
The Kings ride perfectly. Not complaints. Which ever coilover you choose Im sure you will like. I would go with either the King or Icon. Im sure the Foxes are probably great but just to make sure I would get a brand more people have.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:17 AM   #40
Some before and after pics would be sweet bro! And welcome back too!