Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Icon coilovers or the King RR coilovers?

View Poll Results: Icon coilovers or the King RR coilovers?
Icon 371 50.75%
King RR 360 49.25%
Voters: 731. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-02-2009, 06:17 PM   #61
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
Good afternoon,

I went to King today and I am just getting started on e-mails....

Give me just a few and I will shoot one back to you shortly....

Thanks,
Sonny
Old 07-02-2009, 06:55 PM   #62
Golden Member
Toy Taco has a spectacular aura aboutToy Taco has a spectacular aura aboutToy Taco has a spectacular aura about
Toy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
King all the way... NQA
Old 07-18-2009, 01:07 AM   #63
ICON VEHICLE DYNAMICS
icon2 is a splendid one to beholdicon2 is a splendid one to beholdicon2 is a splendid one to beholdicon2 is a splendid one to beholdicon2 is a splendid one to beholdicon2 is a splendid one to beholdicon2 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Mike
icon2's Tacoma Gallery

Sorry. I couldn't resist voting for ours.

Old 07-18-2009, 10:39 AM   #64
ghostboy808 is on a distinguished road
ghostboy808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by icon2 View Post

Sorry. I couldn't resist voting for ours.

Can your coilover shocks be rebuilt or serviced at any local offroad shop or do they need to come back to your factory for rebuilds? Do you sell any rebuild kits for these?
Old 07-18-2009, 10:56 AM   #65
ICON VEHICLE DYNAMICS
icon2 is a splendid one to beholdicon2 is a splendid one to beholdicon2 is a splendid one to beholdicon2 is a splendid one to beholdicon2 is a splendid one to beholdicon2 is a splendid one to beholdicon2 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Mike
icon2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostboy808 View Post
Can your coilover shocks be rebuilt or serviced at any local offroad shop or do they need to come back to your factory for rebuilds? Do you sell any rebuild kits for these?
Yes we do offer re-build kits and any off-road shop that can re-build race style coil-overs can re-build them.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:33 AM   #66
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
i have sway a way's now and they are good on the street and off, if i was going to buy new coilovers they would be king first then fox, after i found out some info on my icon rear reservoir's i will no longer buy icon.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:21 AM   #67
Taco love in East Van
Canadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura about

Name: James
Canadianboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
i have sway a way's now and they are good on the street and off, if i was going to buy new coilovers they would be king first then fox, after i found out some info on my icon rear reservoir's i will no longer buy icon.
Well, what did you find out?
Old 07-20-2009, 09:39 AM   #68
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianboy View Post
Well, what did you find out?
about what.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:20 AM   #69
Taco love in East Van
Canadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura about

Name: James
Canadianboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
about what.
Info you found out
Old 07-20-2009, 10:31 AM   #70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianboy View Post
Info you found out
that they are made by edelbrock and designed by icon, and you can't rebuild them. they might be ok for stock leafs but with my deavers it was was to stiff, rattle your jaw stiff.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:29 PM   #71
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
that they are made by edelbrock and designed by icon, and you can't rebuild them. they might be ok for stock leafs but with my deavers it was was to stiff, rattle your jaw stiff.
Are you talking about these reservoir shocks?
http://www.iconvehicledynamics.org/c...products_id=99
I thought they were supposed to be a good set.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:45 PM   #72
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrande View Post
Are you talking about these reservoir shocks?
http://www.iconvehicledynamics.org/c...products_id=99
I thought they were supposed to be a good set.
those are the one's, you know how i feel and don't need to bash icon anymore, i am not saying they make shit, i know they have great coilovers, but i will leave it at that.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:56 PM   #73
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
So what are you gonna end up going with?
Old 07-20-2009, 09:36 PM   #74
i had downsouth make some custom fox reservoirs that i can adjust.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:25 AM   #75
Love peace and Taco Grease
Dellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Dellosa89's Tacoma Gallery
Ok after talking to my friend who races/builds Toyota trucks about the kings vs icon, he said the king make great coilovers but there 2.5 mid travel coilover was not built with much R&D for doing true offroading they were just trying to get something out. he said the icon 2.5 coilover was the best made shock for the tacoma then sway a way. but for rear shocks dont go with icons he recomended kings. when i finally get the money im going to buy the icon 2.5 extended travel shock with the res
Old 08-09-2009, 07:16 PM   #76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellosa89 View Post
Ok after talking to my friend who races/builds Toyota trucks about the kings vs icon, he said the king make great coilovers but there 2.5 mid travel coilover was not built with much R&D for doing true offroading they were just trying to get something out. he said the icon 2.5 coilover was the best made shock for the tacoma then sway a way. but for rear shocks dont go with icons he recomended kings. when i finally get the money im going to buy the icon 2.5 extended travel shock with the res

you don't like fox coilovers, i agree with the rear.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:12 PM   #77
shockittillyareconizeit is a name known to allshockittillyareconizeit is a name known to allshockittillyareconizeit is a name known to allshockittillyareconizeit is a name known to allshockittillyareconizeit is a name known to allshockittillyareconizeit is a name known to all
Name: Dustin
shockittillyareconizeit's Tacoma Gallery
ICON's!

That's the setup i rock out.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:43 AM   #78
KR FAB
sandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Amir
sandman427's Tacoma Gallery

Kings are amazing and about ride quality there are amazing on and off the road.... I do a lot of driving and trust me these things are worth every penny IMO...

I have some serious fun and i really think these are well made shocks and CO..
Old 10-30-2009, 11:31 AM   #79
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman427 View Post

Kings are amazing and about ride quality there are amazing on and off the road.... I do a lot of driving and trust me these things are worth every penny IMO...

I have some serious fun and i really think these are well made shocks and CO..
Awesome Truck. I noticed that you have stock UCAs do you have any allignment issues, wandering, premature tire wear?
Old 10-30-2009, 04:26 PM   #80
KR FAB
sandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Amir
sandman427's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexus Truck View Post
Awesome Truck. I noticed that you have stock UCAs do you have any allignment issues, wandering, premature tire wear?
Thanks boss... I had a little alignment issue when I had spaceres but then I got the beefy spindle and it took the pressure off the CO anD drives a he'll of a lot better...