Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Icon coilovers or the King RR coilovers?

View Poll Results: Icon coilovers or the King RR coilovers?
Icon 371 50.68%
King RR 361 49.32%
Voters: 732. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-15-2008, 06:31 AM   #5
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
I added a poll for you and fixed your title...
Old 09-15-2008, 06:44 AM   #7
Pat will become famous soon enough

Pat's Tacoma Gallery
I <3 Kings.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:34 AM   #9
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Personally i like kings cause of what my friend has put them through hell they sure take a beating!
Old 09-15-2008, 04:27 PM   #10
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Operationally, There is not much difference between the two. They are both Nitrogen charged oil damped coilovers with 650# springs. The only difference would be the dampening caracteristics, and build quality. IMHO, I think the Kings are the better ones.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:40 PM   #11
Shadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadow-Warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Shadow-Warrior's Tacoma Gallery
I love the ICON's myself, I run them on my 07 FJ Cruiser.
I bought mine from Donahoe Racing before they became ICON. The kings are made for a wide verity of vehicles, so they aren't made specifically for the Taco. The ICON's on the other hand are made around the Taco and the FJ Cruiser. I personally feel they wil give you a better ride and will last longer down the road IMHO. Plus, Dylan is a hell of a nice guy, he makes a GREAT product. I love my ICON setup. I wish you well on your decision.

Mike
Old 10-16-2008, 05:27 PM   #15
sincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to all
sincitytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Icons are very nice, but for $200 more I don't they are worth it. They are almost identical. I think that Icon is petty in that they charge you $20 extra for a spanner wrech, lol aren't they useless without one.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:31 PM   #16
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincitytaco View Post
Icons are very nice, but for $200 more I don't they are worth it. They are almost identical. I think that Icon is petty in that they charge you $20 extra for a spanner wrech, lol aren't they useless without one.
LOL, I agree. Coilovers SHOULD come with a spanner wrench. For the money you are paying, they can throw one in for ya!
Old 10-16-2008, 05:43 PM   #17
tc2008 has a spectacular aura abouttc2008 has a spectacular aura about

tc2008's Tacoma Gallery
King sucks!! they're rough as hell, go for Sway Away, that's what I have all around and they're the best band for the buck, same maker for Camburg...
Old 10-16-2008, 05:48 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc2008 View Post
King sucks!! they're rough as hell, go for Sway Away, that's what I have all around and they're the best band for the buck, same maker for Camburg...
WOW! First time I have heard that. My Buddy has some Kings and they ride sweeeeeet!
Old 10-16-2008, 05:49 PM   #19
sincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to all
sincitytaco's Tacoma Gallery
I thought the King valving was softer than Donahoe and they use the same springs. That is crazy they ride rough. I have had donahoes before and they ride well as long as you don't go above 2 inches of lift. I figured the Kings would be the same, hell they advertise that they have a "smooth street ride". That sucks, no wonder they are cheap then.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:43 PM   #20
Pat will become famous soon enough

Pat's Tacoma Gallery
Rough? Mine are farrrrrrr from that. Maybe you need to re-valve those Kings. Kings are, in my opinion, the best company out there for coilvers. Their customer service does suck though. With the kings you are also getting the reservoir and an extremely strong shock. This is the first time I have heard someone not like their Kings. If you get them you will love them.