1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question on shocks, ride quality

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Carlo, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Mar 15, 2011 at 7:16 AM
    Carlo

Carlo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Taco Magnetic Grey
    5100's all around, front at 0 with Ebiach springs up front; Wheelers 3 leaf AAL rear, Spidertrax
    I have 5100's all around and 10k miles on the so far. Up front I have Ebiach springs and the 5100's set a "0". Rear has Wheelers 3 leaf AAL. Tires are 265/75/16 AT. I spend most of my time on the street, and when off road it's just fire trails ect. I have been feeling that my present set up is too stiff. The streets where I live are in bad shape and driving down some of the roads I take to work and back I get bounced all to heck. I am thinking the 5100's may be too stiff for my liking and wonder if another shock would give me a tamer street ride? What are the thoughts on that and if a shock swap is recommended what shock? Thanks

2. Mar 15, 2011 at 7:18 AM
    easyeatlanta

easyeatlanta Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Memphis
    Vehicle:
    14 DC Trd Off Road
    i think it would be the coils not the struts that would cause a stiffer ride due to the fact that they are compressed more to achieve lift

3. Mar 15, 2011 at 7:43 AM
    RLDTACO

RLDTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Houston Tx.
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB PreRunner SR5
    Debadged,Tailgate theft mod,Extra D-rings,OEM bed mat,TRD exhaust, 5100 Billys@ 4 corners set@ 0 with Eibach springs, rear TSB springs.N-Fab tube Steps. TRD FJ SE wheels and Michelin LTX A/T 2's
    I installed 5100's at four corners, fronts set at 0 with Eibach coils and rear TSB. On my DCLB the ride was close to stock. A little more firm but not rough. I later added 265/75/16 E rated tires and that made more of a difference in ride. I can definately feel the road more now.

4. Mar 15, 2011 at 6:04 PM
    Carlo

Carlo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Taco Magnetic Grey
    5100's all around, front at 0 with Ebiach springs up front; Wheelers 3 leaf AAL rear, Spidertrax
    I feel the road too much. Thanks for the help, just looking for some alternatives if I can. Maybe it's my tires. Destination AT's. Front @32psi, rear at 31 psi.

Products Discussed in

To Top