Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Advice/recommendations needed

Old 03-18-2011, 09:42 AM   #1
just an AnT
AsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3451, 1st Civ Div MCB Camp Pendleton
Name: AnT
AsianAnts's Tacoma Gallery
Advice/recommendations needed

Hey all..ive been reading around here and got alot of useful information, but still a little confused...Basically I need it to be translated to me barney style...KISS (keep it simple stupid)

At the moment i don't do any offroading.. But in the future id like to do some trail runs and what not.. I haul my bike, camp crap, and sometimes construction things... I want a lift but nothing too major (prolly 3" or below).. reason for lift is to put some tires later on and hopefully some new rims (keeping it 17") and keep it clear of any rubbing...

-Was looking at the Blisten 5100 + rear TSB. Would the below be the correct product? If not, please provide correct one! With this combination, will I need anything else? Also 5100 would be set to 1.75 for the truck to be even (leveled) correct?

http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-13...djustable.html

-Other combination/recommendations would be greatly appreciated as well..

Thank you guys soo much!!....(for making me spend )
-AnT
Old 03-18-2011, 09:50 AM   #2
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Good setup and will work fine.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:00 AM   #4
DonL is a splendid one to beholdDonL is a splendid one to beholdDonL is a splendid one to beholdDonL is a splendid one to beholdDonL is a splendid one to beholdDonL is a splendid one to beholdDonL is a splendid one to beholdDonL is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Boatswain's Mate
Name: Don
DonL's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed 5100's all around with the front set at 1.75. I also have the rear spring TSB. Did the installation myself with the help of a friend. Great setup. I run Hankook DynaPro ATm's in stock size (265-70R-16)
Old 03-18-2011, 11:09 AM   #5
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
If you need help installing jus lemme know, we neighbors!
Old 03-18-2011, 11:12 AM   #6
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianAnts View Post
no aftermarket UCA needed? read somewhere that stock might have an issue?? thanks for the input
That's if you go 2.5" , the ucas give you back caster adjustment that is lost by lifting 2.5 or more. Caster won't wear the tires but will be annoying as shit driving on uneven surfaces on at frwy speed in windy places. It'll want to wander and follow grooves and feel all twitchy.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:16 AM   #7
Psalm 109:8
BryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BryWi's Tacoma Gallery
Just for an FYI:

I have the TSB and 5100s set at 1.75. I am about 3/8 to 1/2" of rake. If I put ANYTHING of substance in the bed I am nose high.

I am having some new rims and tires put on next week and I am seriously thinking about dropping the fronts to .85.

You always have the option of an AAL to give you a little more in the rear. I personally don't want to go any higher.

I am also detecting a vibe between 22-27 MPH. Is it a product of the 5100s at 1.75? I don't know because I had them put on very soon (my bad, in retrospect) after I took delivery on the truck.

When I get it back on Thursday I'll give you an update IF I drop them to .85.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:26 AM   #10
just an AnT
AsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3451, 1st Civ Div MCB Camp Pendleton
Name: AnT
AsianAnts's Tacoma Gallery
ohhh man.. i no likey nose high... please keep be abreast. thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryWi View Post
Just for an FYI:

I have the TSB and 5100s set at 1.75. I am about 3/8 to 1/2" of rake. If I put ANYTHING of substance in the bed I am nose high.

I am having some new rims and tires put on next week and I am seriously thinking about dropping the fronts to .85.

You always have the option of an AAL to give you a little more in the rear. I personally don't want to go any higher.

I am also detecting a vibe between 22-27 MPH. Is it a product of the 5100s at 1.75? I don't know because I had them put on very soon (my bad, in retrospect) after I took delivery on the truck.

When I get it back on Thursday I'll give you an update IF I drop them to .85.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:29 AM   #11
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
oh awesome sauce!!! you have a spring compressor?? thanks mister!! i will definitely hit u up if my mechanix buddy friend falls thru...thank you sir!
no spring compressor but i can install it pretty fast once your coilover is built
Old 03-18-2011, 11:38 AM   #12
Psalm 109:8
BryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BryWi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ohhh man.. i no likey nose high... please keep be abreast. thanks
I'll PM you with any useful info.

I don't haul a lot of stuff. But when I do, I absolutely DO NOT want to be nose high.

And at .85 if the vibe goes away it will kill two birds...
Old 03-18-2011, 11:47 AM   #15
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Quote:
huh?? superman?
wow i really fucked that post up