1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Procomp 6" getting installed today

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by stephenm, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Mar 24, 2011 at 8:27 PM
    DubVtundy

DubVtundy ERMAHGERD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thayer
    Keyser West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2010 white double cab
    8 inch alcan custom leaf packs, ome 885's powdercoated white, bilstein 5100's all the way around with 12 inch travel on the rear, Light Racing Upper Control Arms, Sway bar removed, 17x9 kmc strike. 35x12.50 nitto Trail Grapplers. Satoshi Grill made by (homertaco), Black Headlight housings,retrofits, Tinted Tailights, color matched grill, Bought a TRD sport hood,elite off road front plate bumper,elite off road sliders, 13% tint on the front windows, 5% on top of the facotry rear windows and back glass, 5% tint stip across the windshield, Lo Pro Truxedo tonneu cover, Herculiner bed liner, Weather Tech Window Visors, Exhaust- Flowmaster Super 44 dumped above rear axle, Maglight Mount on side of drivers seat, Scangauge II, Mossy Oak Camo Seat Covers, Weather Tech Floor mats, Spatter painted A-Pillars, Spatter painted headunit trim and shifter trim, Headunit= Pioneer 4300 double din touch screen, Speakers- Precision Power 3 way component stage, Precision Power 8 i
    yeah what he said lol

2. Mar 24, 2011 at 8:58 PM
    senor taco

senor taco ROLLIN ON RUST

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Vehicle:
    O7 Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    17in fj cruiser wheels satoshi grille with devil horns emblem Single in double out 50 series flowmaster with stainless tips Kenwod ddx512 double din touch screen DVD reciver with a single Rockford fosgate 12 in sub with an alpine amp tinted tail and third break light silverstar head and fog lights k&n drop in Billy 5100's on all 4 corners with a 2"AAL
    Wow what a fiasco. I'm glad everything worked out though and it looks really great too.
    I plan on going 6 inches too, but I'm going slightly different route. I'm going with camberg spindles and elbach springs. I'm not sure how im going to lift rear though. What rear lift did your kit come with?

3. Mar 24, 2011 at 9:42 PM
    stephenm

stephenm [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Socal
    I'll add some pics tomorrow and I will keep updated on the noise!

4. Mar 25, 2011 at 5:18 AM
    K1992f

K1992f Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kanon
    Dirty Hanover pa ...
    Vehicle:
    2012 tacoma TRD sport fully loaded
    6" fabteck 20" fuel hostage 33" nitto MTs
    Glad to see everything work out in the end. On other note your truck looks sweet!!! Not sure if I'm rocking the cap but other then that ur truck looks good man

5. Mar 25, 2011 at 2:32 PM
    BlueSteel

BlueSteel Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    The Woodlands, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Grey Doublecab TRD Sport Debadged
    Camburg 4" Spindles, Icon CB 2.5 adjustables front and rear, Total Chaos Upper/Lower CAs, Alcan 5" Rear Leafs, Timbren Bumpstops, 5" SS Brakelines, 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 18" KMC Monsters, Grill Craft Black Mesh Upper, Predator Running Boards, All Pro Rear Bumper and Hitch, Wet Okole Covers, Toyota Roof Rack, Limo Tint, TRD CAI, TRD Exhaust, Weathertech Mats, Redline Hood Struts, Red Top Odyssey battery, BDF Light Bar, Foglight anytime Mod, Lo Pro QT Truxedo Tonneau cover, Rocky Mount Bike Pegs.
    If you cut the inner fender plastic too much then I would say "yes" that the noise is probably due to the plastic not being properly secure. I talked to a guy that bought my mud flaps and he said that he cut too much off the inner fender plastic and it would flap and make terrible noise at high speeds. He eventually had to buy new ones. I almost cut too much myself and bypassed the bolt securing the plastic to the bumper.

If that isn't it I would look at replacing your passenger side wheel bearings because the shop might have not properly sealed them or torqued them when putting into the new spindle.

6. Mar 25, 2011 at 3:29 PM
    raycie

raycie Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oahu, HI
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB / 2016 4R Trail
    In need of $$$
    take the med flaps off and see if the noise goes away... Easy to take on/off...

7. Mar 25, 2011 at 4:35 PM
    BlueSteel

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    The Woodlands, TX
    Vehicle:
    Camburg 4" Spindles, Icon CB 2.5 adjustables front and rear, Total Chaos Upper/Lower CAs, Alcan 5" Rear Leafs, Timbren Bumpstops, 5" SS Brakelines, 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 18" KMC Monsters, Grill Craft Black Mesh Upper, Predator Running Boards, All Pro Rear Bumper and Hitch, Wet Okole Covers, Toyota Roof Rack, Limo Tint, TRD CAI, TRD Exhaust, Weathertech Mats, Redline Hood Struts, Red Top Odyssey battery, BDF Light Bar, Foglight anytime Mod, Lo Pro QT Truxedo Tonneau cover, Rocky Mount Bike Pegs.
    What I can tell from his pics is that he does not have front mud flaps. But, I cannot tell if the inner fender plastic is properly secured to the front bumper and not flapping.

8. Mar 25, 2011 at 7:27 PM
    stephenm

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Socal
    ok well, it was the front right fender that was vibrating at high speed. I just zip-tied the loose plastic so that it doesn't move. the noise is completely gone.
    after a closer look it seems like they cut too much, and it also seemed like a bolt is missing (compared the right side).
    anyway this only will temporary as I have been looking at getting a front plate bumper probably a retlentless fab.

9. Mar 25, 2011 at 7:29 PM
    stephenm

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Socal
    all in all, thanks for all the input you guys provided, it really felt to have your support when things were going south with the shop that did the install...

I'll be taking some better shots over the week end and hopefully I'll have time to finish my custom PC install too!

10. Mar 25, 2011 at 7:45 PM
    BlueSteel

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    The Woodlands, TX
    Vehicle:
    That is definitely good to hear. I'm glad everything worked out for you. How do you like the ride of the Pro Comp lift?

11. Mar 25, 2011 at 7:48 PM
    stephenm

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Socal
    I was anxious with everything that the guys at shop had said. but it wasn't this scary at all (maybe they really were driving 70mph on the speedo = actual 80mph)

but anyway with the right tire pressure it really drives easy, slightly different than stock but in a good way, makes you feel you're actually driving :)

12. Mar 25, 2011 at 7:49 PM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail, 88 pickup, Tundra Platinum
    A few bolts are different.
    Definitely glad all worked out. What was the name of the shop again so we all know never to go there.

13. Mar 25, 2011 at 8:13 PM
    CNewell

CNewell Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Camron
    PA
    Vehicle:
    My '09 TRD Sport DCSB
    Hybrid Audio (front and back), Pioneer Shallow Mount 10" Sub, Pioneer 4ch Amp, bridged RE Audio Amp, WeatherTech Digital Fit (front and back), Flyzeye Interior LED, 18" Chrome Moto Metal 951's, 285/60/18 Cooper Zeon LTZ's, Bilstein 5100 shocks (front and back), Eibach coils, Light Racing/SPC UCA's, Black Billet Grille (5pc), Hella 500's, Black Diamond Light Bar, Truxedo LoProQT
    Fortunately, your misfortune has turned into one of the best reads... It was the highlight of my day. I would come home from work and check for an update from you. Had I actually had something of importance to add, I would have. I am glad everything eventually worked out. I can't believe that shop even charged you that much even. I can only imagine how you were feeling.

In the end, the truck looks GREAT! Look forward to seeing its progress!

14. Mar 25, 2011 at 8:52 PM
    fj6high

fj6high Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Howard
    Tarpon Springs
    Vehicle:
    07' Fjcruiser
    6"Fabtech +OME Heavies and Custo Skyjackers. Way to much to list.
    After reading all this I'm Glad I chose Fabtech!...Not saying Procomp in any way is not a great co. But there is big differences that are proven better ...one over the other.I paid a premium for a few more engineered features.

[​IMG]

15. Mar 25, 2011 at 9:44 PM
    fj6high

fj6high Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Howard
    Tarpon Springs
    Vehicle:
    07' Fjcruiser
    6"Fabtech +OME Heavies and Custo Skyjackers. Way to much to list.

Thanks Bro...I'm not new to wheeling and modding and My last two rides were Tacoma's....

The FJ is just my next phase in FUN! My Dad has my 2006 Taco SAS supercharged beast on 37"s....It's his until I can pay back his loans...Housing market just stripped/bled me dry and Pops wants a little collateral...Things will get back and then I can get my Taco back...

16. Mar 27, 2011 at 5:30 PM
    stephenm

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Socal
    I didn't have time to finish the PC install but I did take out the rear mud flaps and took a few pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Mar 27, 2011 at 10:40 PM
    Taco4evr

Taco4evr New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Sport
    x2!

18. Mar 28, 2011 at 12:32 AM
    raycie

raycie Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oahu, HI
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB / 2016 4R Trail
    In need of $$$
    WOW... I could never do that... I would have a hell of a time trying to get my surfboards on top of the truck...

Very nice....

19. Mar 28, 2011 at 1:46 PM
    BlueSteel

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    The Woodlands, TX
    Vehicle:
  20. Apr 18, 2011 at 11:50 AM
    Oregon TRD

Oregon TRD "GO DUCKS" Edition

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Steel Panthers bathroom floor!
    Vehicle:
    2005 Mall Krawler
    6" Fabtech Lift, 35" Fierce M/T 17" Eagle Alloy Sim bead locks Naked girls in the bed 10.1" DVD head unit Two 7" Headrest Monitors PS2 in glove box
    Damn...after reading this shit , i'm gonna go down to my buddies Off Road shop and buy them a case of beer for doing such kickass work for all of us around here!

Poor OP got anal raped with no vaseline!

Products Discussed in

To Top