Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

i wanna lift my truck what do i need exactly???

Old 03-19-2011, 02:18 PM   #41
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfdog2314 View Post
That's all you'll need. You can set the front to 0, .85, 1.75, or 2.5.

If you go above .85 you'll probably need an add a leaf in the back to level it.

Your best bet for a nice good ride would be to get that kit, and set the front to .85 inches of lift.

Then you'll have no need for new upper control arms or add a leaf. And have a great ride.
It will be quite a while if I lift mine but have been watching these threads and I am kinda confused. So with the 5100's all you are doing is adding shocks that will adjust so you can select the height you want? I dont understand how shocks will give you lift. I thought you would need longer coils or spacers and the shocks were just upgraded to a longer travel to center the new travel range?
Old 03-19-2011, 03:10 PM   #42
mattsowell is on a distinguished road

mattsowell's Tacoma Gallery
yesssssssssss. i have wanting to know this exact thing. I am newish to this and was unclear as to the steps I need to take. All I want is a 2" lift and level all around. I have had the rear spring TSB which gives me additional rake at this point. This should give me room for some bigger tires
Old 03-19-2011, 07:17 PM   #43
biggecko is on a distinguished road
Name: Tarek
biggecko's Tacoma Gallery
and say i take out the shocks and replace them with regular old shocks will the truck be lower than it is now, does the trd pakage add any height?
Old 03-20-2011, 03:17 PM   #44
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
It will be quite a while if I lift mine but have been watching these threads and I am kinda confused. So with the 5100's all you are doing is adding shocks that will adjust so you can select the height you want? I dont understand how shocks will give you lift. I thought you would need longer coils or spacers and the shocks were just upgraded to a longer travel to center the new travel range?
Yes, the front 5100's are adjustable to whatever height you would like, according to what coil you go with whether it be stock or aftermarket.

They have little snap rings on them around the coil spring base and you have 4 notches for 2nd gens and 3 for 1st gens, you just pick height and assembl.e

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsowell View Post
yesssssssssss. i have wanting to know this exact thing. I am newish to this and was unclear as to the steps I need to take. All I want is a 2" lift and level all around. I have had the rear spring TSB which gives me additional rake at this point. This should give me room for some bigger tires
What are you planning to use the truck for and what is your budget?

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggecko View Post
and say i take out the shocks and replace them with regular old shocks will the truck be lower than it is now, does the trd pakage add any height?
Yes it will return to the stock height or whatever height shocks you choose. The rear shocks dont lift at all they are just longer to compensate for the extra lift and rear end travel. Im not to sure about TRD adding any lift stock over a basic stock prerunner but i think it may have a slight bit more.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:03 PM   #45
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Tac0ma View Post
Yes, the front 5100's are adjustable to whatever height you would like, according to what coil you go with whether it be stock or aftermarket.

They have little snap rings on them around the coil spring base and you have 4 notches for 2nd gens and 3 for 1st gens, you just pick height and assembl.e

What are you planning to use the truck for and what is your budget?

Yes it will return to the stock height or whatever height shocks you choose. The rear shocks dont lift at all they are just longer to compensate for the extra lift and rear end travel. Im not to sure about TRD adding any lift stock over a basic stock prerunner but i think it may have a slight bit more.

Thanks! If/when I lift mine, probably wont do more than 3 inches and dont do much or real hard core off roading so this sounds like just what I need.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:27 PM   #46
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
Thanks! If/when I lift mine, probably wont do more than 3 inches and dont do much or real hard core off roading so this sounds like just what I need.

Good deal man, i thnik 3" w/ 33's is plenty enough, to me the 6"DB is a little overkill for the same ground clearance.

I do a good bit of offroading though and everything has been fine, i ve had my 5100's and eibachs for about 4,000 miles and havent had any problems.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:13 PM   #47
biggecko is on a distinguished road
Name: Tarek
biggecko's Tacoma Gallery
my budget is around if not less than 500 bucks i plan on dry offroading like hills and rocks n stuff nothing too bad and also needs to be good for everyday driving to school