Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5100 Install Question on 1st gen

Old 03-19-2011, 02:34 PM   #1
Flmxrider is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
Flmxrider's Tacoma Gallery
5100 Install Question on 1st gen

Alright so I have Bilstein 5100s for the front and I'm going to switch my stock coils over to them and set them at 2.5 with an AAL in the back. I'm going to do it pretty soon so I'm trying to figure out what tools I need to do this. Do I need 2 spring compressers or just 1? and is there any other tools I need besides basic tools? thanks
Old 03-19-2011, 02:54 PM   #2
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Mike, I'm gonna have to steer you over here:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ll-thread.html

At the top of the first gen fourm, you'll see a sticky thread with tons of links for common mods and maint. issues:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ful-links.html

Check these first for answers, then if you get stuck holler for help.

Good luck!
Old 03-19-2011, 03:49 PM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flmxrider View Post
Alright so I have Bilstein 5100s for the front and I'm going to switch my stock coils over to them and set them at 2.5 with an AAL in the back. I'm going to do it pretty soon so I'm trying to figure out what tools I need to do this. Do I need 2 spring compressers or just 1? and is there any other tools I need besides basic tools? thanks
You'll need 2 spring compressors. One for each side of the coil you are compressing.

Air tools makes the job much easier.