After reading a zillion threads about Tacoma lifts, I have learned a lot, but still have a few basic newbie questions that I am hoping some of you experts can help me with.
Add some lift (3 inches or less) to my TRD Doublecab and compensate for adding a new ARB bumper. Winch will follow later.
I do a LOT of driving on desert roads. Lots of pounding down washboard roads with ruts and bumps at more than slow speed. I want to improve upon, or at least maintain, the original ride quality - not interested in needing a mouthguard to drive my truck. Want to stay away from an overly stiff ride. I plan on keeping the 265/70-16 tires. I also need to maintain full suspension travel.
I have seen some contradictory information, so I'd like to get more information to sort out a couple of things.
1. I was thinking that the OME lift kit with Dakar leafs in back and 885 coils in front with OME shocks would be the bet with the best chance of good ride quality and lowest chance of issues with vibration, rubbing CV boots and alignment issues. Would 886 springs ride stiffer than the 885's without the winch? After I get the winch would the 885's still provide good ride quality?
2. Will the Dakar leafs seem really stiff compared to the stock TRD leafs in a unloaded truck?
3. With the OME shocks and either 885 or 886 coils, will I still have full suspension travel?
4. Would it be worthwhile to add UCA's with the OME kit? I know the UCA's are not "required", but I am leery of developing a alignment issue that can not be corrected without UCA's.
5. What problems have people had with the OME kits?
6. Is there a better option than the OME kit that would be a lock-cinch to give great ride quality?
Any information and help is appreciated!