HELP: Am I sagging??

Old 03-22-2011, 01:09 PM   #1
cdavi060 is on a distinguished road
Name: Christopher
cdavi060's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cdavi060
Exclamation HELP: Am I sagging??

Hye guys,

Im getting ready to invest in a lift but want to make sure I'm not lifting on sagging or warn out springs. My truck seems to sit a little lower than the extended cab at my apartment complex so I figured I would post a few photos here and see if anyone can let me know if I should replace my springs, or just throw a AAD in there. It looks like my leafs are sagging, but I still have a little more than an inch left between the bumpstops. Any help is welcome!!

*Note I have 265/75/16 tires on the truck now and u-bolt clamps in front of the axle on the leafs to get rid of the axle wrap I had.
Attached Thumbnails
HELP: Am I sagging??-img_0715.jpg   HELP: Am I sagging??-img_0712.jpg   HELP: Am I sagging??-img_0717.jpg  
Old 03-22-2011, 01:12 PM   #2
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
I personally wouldn't put an AAL on those, it may help for a while but won't last long since the springs are so worn. The negative arch on them is not a good sign.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:14 PM   #3
"Change is inevitable, but growth is optional."
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
tacomarotto's Tacoma Gallery
looks pretty shitty to me.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:20 PM   #4
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Oh wow that new pic you posted is really bad, probably the worst I've seen. Definitely go for the new springs, an AAL wont do much on those.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:21 PM   #5
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I was in the same situation about a year ago. My factory leaf pack was shot so I was told to just get an AAL. A year later I am in the same situation I was last year. Save yourself the time/money and just get a whole new leaf pack.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:23 PM   #6
TroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to all

Name: Mike
TroutBum's Tacoma Gallery
MAXTacoma (not to hijack the thread), but how many miles on your 06? I'm looking at an AAL to help out when towing, maybe I'm wasting money...

Mike
Old 03-22-2011, 01:23 PM   #7
dmz1241 is on a distinguished road

Name: Dan
dmz1241's Tacoma Gallery
haha, mine are probably worse than that......
Old 03-22-2011, 01:25 PM   #8
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutBum View Post
MAXTacoma (not to hijack the thread), but how many miles on your 06? I'm looking at an AAL to help out when towing, maybe I'm wasting money...

Mike
PM Sent.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:26 PM   #9
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...group-buy.html

If you're in the market for new springs you're just in time to get in on a group buy.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:37 PM   #10
Hey MTgirl...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...group-buy.html

If you're in the market for new springs you're just in time to get in on a group buy.
This 5 leaf pack. Its good for 1.5in ABOVE stock height? I'm looking to raise the truck 2.5in with the Bilstein 5100's in the front and want to know if this leaf pack will work perfectly for what I am wanting to do?
Old 03-22-2011, 01:40 PM   #11
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
those are toast do like the others said buy new leafs a AAL will do noting with those. You have got to hitting the bumps all the time with those things.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:42 PM   #12
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdavi060 View Post
This 5 leaf pack. Its good for 1.5in ABOVE stock height? I'm looking to raise the truck 2.5in with the Bilstein 5100's in the front and want to know if this leaf pack will work perfectly for what I am wanting to do?

The AllPro 3" pack is good but if you put a lot of weight in the bed you would need the expos and let me tell you there higher then 3" I got about 5" with a camper.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:00 PM   #13
my plan as of now is to get 5100's all the way around, set the stock springs on the front at the 2.5in position and try to equal out the rear. If these leafs from the group buy are higher than that, I think I need another option??

Is it possible for my front springs to sag? How can I tell?
Old 03-22-2011, 02:04 PM   #14
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
I personally think you need all new suspension you are sagging pretty bad and 5100's and your stock coils are not going to give you 2.5" of lift in the front. This was my truck stock and mine was sagging a little and it was sitting a lot higher then yours.

But this is with 265/70/16's so 1" difference in tire size

And yours
Old 03-22-2011, 03:26 PM   #15
I see. Guess I should look into some springs as well. What could have caused this bad of sagging?
Old 03-22-2011, 03:29 PM   #16
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I see. Guess I should look into some springs as well. What could have caused this bad of sagging?

10 years man that's a lot on coils and shocks.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:45 PM   #17
since I need to get new springs, can I just replace the rear shocks and keep the stock front?
Old 03-22-2011, 04:45 PM   #18
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
my plan as of now is to get 5100's all the way around, set the stock springs on the front at the 2.5in position and try to equal out the rear. If these leafs from the group buy are higher than that, I think I need another option??

Is it possible for my front springs to sag? How can I tell?
Quote:
With the 5packs I have about 2" of lift in the rear - from the ground to the highest point on the fender well is about 38" on my truck. I did 5100's at zero and OME 881's for 2" of lift in the front as well. Personally, I wouldn't go any higher than that. After that point you're getting some harsh angles on the rest of the front end...CV's etc.

Your front end could be sagging due to the preivous owner having either a bull bar, grillguard, etc mounted for a number of years. All of that added weight on a stock suspension will make things wear and sag dramatically faster.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:57 PM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
With the 5packs I have about 2" of lift in the rear - from the ground to the highest point on the fender well is about 38" on my truck. I did 5100's at zero and OME 881's for 2" of lift in the front as well. Personally, I wouldn't go any higher than that. After that point you're getting some harsh angles on the rest of the front end...CV's etc.

Your front end could be sagging due to the preivous owner having either a bull bar, grillguard, etc mounted for a number of years. All of that added weight on a stock suspension will make things wear and sag dramatically faster.
I was kind of on a budget, so I'll ask this. Does it make sense to put the 5100s on the front just to set them at 0? Could I not keep the stock shock or Rough Country's with new springs?

So you have this exact 5pack(that the group buy is offering) on your truck and it provided a 2in lift?
Old 03-23-2011, 09:39 AM   #20
Can anyone post stock height in inches from ground to top of fender well for the front? I want to see if I am sagging any in the front.