Notices

New at this and want to do it right

Old 03-22-2011, 03:30 PM   #1
Riddler is on a distinguished road
Marines: Military working dog handler
Name: Brian
Riddler's Tacoma Gallery
New at this and want to do it right

How's it going? So I bought a new 2011 Tacoma prerunner SR5. I've got about 5000 miles on it and think it's about time I lift it a bit. However I don't really know to to much about this and know dealers will always talk you into spending money regardless of performance. I'm going to tell you the truth I don't really plan on taking this truck off road to much but I would like a decent lift, you am I both know how good our trucks look lifted. So basically I am just looking for some input on what to get. Def want to add about 3 inchs. What do I need to get? If you could break it down " barnie style" that would be great. Also how big on tires could I go with a 3" lift? With all this in mind I only wanna spend around 3 grand on my lift and tires. Help?
Old 03-22-2011, 03:33 PM   #2
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
Oh boy!!! Not to be an ass, but you have got to use the search function. There are hundreds of threads on this exact problem. Do a little research inform yourself. Then come back with a specififc question. BTW it might not be a bad idea for you to ask for this thread to be deleted since about everyone is gonna flame you for it.

And finally
Welcome to TW from TX.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:39 PM   #3
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
welcome!!!

and nice!!! do it!!!
Old 03-22-2011, 03:48 PM   #5
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Check out the Tacoma lift FAQ sticky in this section for a primer and we'll go from there .
Old 03-22-2011, 04:19 PM   #6
ROLLIN ON RUST
senor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
senor taco's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW
Look into camburg lift spindles they are absolutely the best way to lift a prerunner and get aal or leaf pack for the rear.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:28 PM   #7
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Get 4 buddies to sit on the tires and lift*!!

*Inches of height gained is preportional to friends strength