Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

new suspention

Old 03-23-2011, 03:13 PM   #1
JAMM is on a distinguished road
Name: jim
JAMM's Tacoma Gallery
new suspention

Ijust orderse 5100 bilsteins front and rear ome 885 coils and wheelers add a leaf for load capacity in the rear . what do you think?
Old 03-23-2011, 03:15 PM   #2
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I think you could have done better.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:27 PM   #3
JAMM's Tacoma Gallery
bummer i wanted to add load capacity to the rear , what do you sugest
Old 03-24-2011, 06:49 AM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMM View Post
bummer i wanted to add load capacity to the rear , what do you sugest
If you want more payload capacity I suggest you get a full sized truck.

Payload capacity isn't solely dependent on the springs, it also depends on what the shocks were designed to dampen, the strength of the bed, the type of tires you have (P vs. LT) etc.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:17 AM   #5
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
885s raise the front a lot. Be sure to set the 5100s at zero when you install them.

When you say "load capacity" I assume you're not overloading your truck past its maximum GVWR, but rather you want it to drive and ride better when it's loaded to that capacity.

AAL usually gives the truck more stability when loaded to capacity, but with 885s in the front, you'll definitely be "ass-down" when fully loaded in the back with only an add-a-leaf.

Dakar leaf packs are designed to work well with OME springs in the front.

Another alternative is adding air bags you inflate when carrying a load.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:30 PM   #6
JAMM's Tacoma Gallery
bjmoose yeh i load it heavy , the dakar leaf packs are the way to go ? with the helper spring?
Old 03-25-2011, 03:42 PM   #7
JAMM's Tacoma Gallery
new suspention

BJ MOOSE yes i will be loading the truck maxed out , how much lift do you think i"ll grt with the 885"s i added or will be adding a 2" aal in the rear
Old 03-25-2011, 03:48 PM   #8
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Most get 3" with 885s and no bumper.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:49 PM   #9
JAMM's Tacoma Gallery
new suspention

chris 4x4 i saw your aal installation , what do you think of 885"s with a 2" aal in the rear ,5100"s all around ? i"m on the road 90% but load the truck with firewood alot of the time.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:50 PM   #10
Bullwinkle J. Moose

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah. Go Dakar instead of aal for heavy loading. Or all pro expedition leaf pack.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:50 PM   #11
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
Yeah. Go Dakar instead of aal for heavy loading. Or all pro expedition leaf pack.
X2
Old 03-25-2011, 03:52 PM   #12
JAMM's Tacoma Gallery
BJmoose well i hope i didnt foul up on the 2" aal i ordered it thourgh wheelers and they said it would match up