Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Ride quality"OME 881's vs. eibachs"

Old 03-24-2011, 04:55 PM   #1
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Ride quality"OME 881's vs. eibachs"

How does the ride compare, ome 881's with nitrocharger shocks and a spacer to achieve a 3"lift. Compared to eibachs and 5100's for a 3"lift.

I have heard that the 881's are smoother and have a lower spring rate, but you need the top plate spacer to get a full 3"lift.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:05 PM   #2
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomakid96 View Post
How does the ride compare, ome 881's with nitrocharger shocks and a spacer to achieve a 3"lift. Compared to eibachs and 5100's for a 3"lift.

I have heard that the 881's are smoother and have a lower spring rate, but you need the top plate spacer to get a full 3"lift.
You are right the 881's are going to be softer but they won't handle a aftermarket bumper I have the eibachs and love them and I will love them even more when I install my Elite bumper and winch in a month or so.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:15 PM   #3
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
You are right the 881's are going to be softer but they won't handle a aftermarket bumper I have the eibachs and love them and I will love them even more when I install my Elite bumper and winch in a month or so.
Ya that's what I figure, but if you put the spacer on to get the 3" won't that make it possibly ride worse than the eibachs?
Old 03-24-2011, 05:29 PM   #4
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomakid96 View Post
Ya that's what I figure, but if you put the spacer on to get the 3" won't that make it possibly ride worse than the eibachs?
Maybe I really don't know but you are preloading the springs so yes it could. Maybe someone with the 881 and top plate spacer can chime in.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Maybe I really don't know but you are preloading the springs so yes it could. Maybe someone with the 881 and top plate spacer can chime in.
Ya someone needs to represent for ome otherwise I'm going eibachs!
Old 03-24-2011, 07:47 PM   #6

Nobody cares to post about their ride quality with these lifts!?