Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5100's vs Nitro's with OME coils

Old 03-24-2011, 05:20 PM   #1
My progeny will be awesome!
ChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
ChewbacaTW's Tacoma Gallery
5100's vs Nitro's with OME coils

So I know that the OME coils were designed to go with the nitro charger shocks. But I've noticed that most people still run 5100's on them. No big deal. This was what I was planning on doing anyway. Then I read somewhere that the 5100's were designed to be used with the stock 375lbs coils and not the 500lbs OME coils, and it caused me to reconsider the 5100's.

The question is, SHOULD I be concerned about this? Will it just wear the 5100's out faster? I assume that you'd probably want to run the nitro's if you aren't going to be using the adjustable levels of the 5100's. I've searched and searched and haven't seen a lot of info on the differences of the 2 options and that it's mostly just preference.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:05 PM   #3
My progeny will be awesome!
ChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
ChewbacaTW's Tacoma Gallery
bump