Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

3'' lift opinions

Old 03-25-2011, 12:37 AM   #1
nickpatton189 is on a distinguished road
Name: nick
nickpatton189's Tacoma Gallery
3'' lift opinions

im looking for a good 3'' lift, a true or close too 3'' lift. ive been looking around and from the looks of it the rough country lift doesnt have the best rep. is anyone running this and actually like it?
also ive seen the bilstein 5100's that alot of ppl have, ppl that have that, what size aal are you running, and can u set the, at the 2.75 and be ok on the cv shaft angles and all other angles.
thanks for the opinions and please submit pics and details on what you have
Old 03-25-2011, 01:02 AM   #3
in my eyes.. no haha. but in my wifes eyes.. yes..
i wanna stay somewhere between 250-400ish
Old 03-25-2011, 01:09 AM   #4
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Bilsteins all around and an AAL

2.5 with the billies , for a full 3 you need the toytec top spacer .

If you go full 3 you should get aftermarket UCA's

You may need to increase your budget .
Old 03-25-2011, 01:12 AM   #5
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Alternatively you could go with the OME kit and an AAL
Old 03-25-2011, 01:13 AM   #6

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
What configuration is your truck ?

Reg cab , access , or DC ?

4x4 or 2x4 ?
Old 03-25-2011, 01:16 AM   #7
dont have the truck yet, im going to be getting it this sat. im just trying to figure up all this stuff so i can get an idea of what to get. its double cab 4x4

if i do the billies and the aal, what size aal do i go with, i want it to be level with possibly no rake.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:19 AM   #8

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpatton189 View Post
dont have the truck yet, im going to be getting it this sat. im just trying to figure up all this stuff so i can get an idea of what to get. its double cab 4x4
Start here

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...uide-read.html
Old 03-25-2011, 01:35 AM   #9
so in your opinion the best option would be 5100 billies around, with 2'' aal, and if i want the true 3'' get the coil spacers, if i dont get the spacers i dont need the uca, and my alighnment will be ok? how about the angles of the cv chafts and other front end angles, also i saw a front diff drop kit, that will help keep the angles at a better degree, would you recommend it with the 5100s
Old 03-25-2011, 02:32 AM   #10
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!
hamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
hamNswiss on rye's Tacoma Gallery
lot of people get new upper control arms with the bilsteins at 2.5, just to be perfect. Though some seem to squeeze out an 'acceptable' alignment without, most say that 2.5 billies without UCA's makes the truck awfully darty at highway speeds.

from what ive read (and thats alot, i was in the same boat a few weeks ago), it seems that UCA's are well worth the $450. if you do little highway driving, you might be alright, but id reccommend going with bilsteins at 1.75 or getting new UCAs.

fyi, the setup i decided on is this:

eibach coils=1.6'' of lift ($150)
billies all around set at .85 ($280)
2" AAL ($79)
light racing UCA's ($450)

+tax, looking at ~$1k

thats about 2.45" up front, 2" out back...level with a small amount of rake
Old 03-25-2011, 06:04 AM   #12
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
Anytime you alter the suspension, you need to have an alignment done anyways. Its better just to do it right after you do the lift in my eyes. Why waste a good set of tires.

The link OZ posted will definitely get you started.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:58 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogiboy View Post
mines an alternative to the above lifts. i love it.
what exact set up do you have on your truck
Old 03-25-2011, 04:03 PM   #14
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!
hamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
hamNswiss on rye's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpatton189 View Post
what exact set up do you have on your truck
procomp spacers i believe
Old 03-25-2011, 04:16 PM   #15
mwells32 will become famous soon enoughmwells32 will become famous soon enough
mwells32's Tacoma Gallery
Another option is to do 5100's all around, 2 inch AAL, and OME coils. That is hat I did and I love it. It sits perfectly level. Ride is very good. But like others have said, budget for UCA's. I didnt and now I am scrounging for the cash to get them.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:20 PM   #16

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
What is the reasoning behind using bilsteins with the OME coils ? Why not use the OME shocks that are designed to work with the OME coils ?
Old 03-25-2011, 04:35 PM   #17
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacosupreme54's Tacoma Gallery
avoid spacers and using "well this one is the cheapest and i'll deal with it." for your 250-400 budget you can get a spacer/block lift, but it rides like shit.

other than that, for a limited budget: get billies for the front set at 2.5'' and an AAL in the rear. for more money and comfort, couple billies with eibach springs, and get the rear set of billies.

for a few hundred more, get an OME lift. It comes with AAL, nicer shocks, and coils and will ride better; full 3''. Add UCA's and a leaf pack for much more money and added comfort and handling.

for yet another few hundred more: the toytec ultimate lift. billstein shocks, adjustable coilovers up to 3''+, ucas, leaf pack...the works.

if you really are wanting to blow your money, throw on a 6'' drop bracket, 3'' body lift, throw a bull bar on, and call it a day.

that's pretty much it, pick an option
Old 03-25-2011, 04:39 PM   #18
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacosupreme54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
What is the reasoning behind using bilsteins with the OME coils ? Why not use the OME shocks that are designed to work with the OME coils ?
The OME shocks are $300 fronts and $170 rears. You can get all four Bilsteins from Downsouth Motorsports for $300, plus I think they have free shipping. So, people are saving a good bit with the Bilsteins.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:42 PM   #19

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacosupreme54 View Post
The OME shocks are $300 fronts and $170 rears. You can get all four Bilsteins from Downsouth Motorsports for $300, plus I think they have free shipping. So, people are saving a good bit with the Bilsteins.
Thanks
Old 03-27-2011, 07:39 PM   #20
98Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: adam
98Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
dosent ebiach coils give a full 3 inch lift up front