Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rear shock recommendation for 2" AAL and future upgrade to 3" pack

Old 03-26-2011, 10:01 AM   #1
snorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
snorola's Tacoma Gallery
Rear shock recommendation for 2" AAL and future upgrade to 3" pack

I have a fab tech 2" AAL in the back of my truck now and have been running the factory base model shocks in the rear and they are done so I need to upgrade.

I for see in the future, as my rear springs sag I will upgrade to an allpro expedition leaf pack or an OME Dakar leaf pack which has 3" of lift but this won't be for a year or so.

I want to get shocks now that will accomodate the 2" AAL and a 3" leaf pack, is my best option bilstein 5100's or the OME N182 Nitrocharger shocks?

The truck will be seeing mild offroading every now and then and fairly heavy loads during the week as its a work truck
Old 03-26-2011, 10:20 AM   #2
saxscraper is on a distinguished road
saxscraper's Tacoma Gallery
I went with the OME shocks. Ran them with a 2" AAL for a bit, now I have the Allpro leaf pack. No complaints.