Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

best 2 " aal

Old 03-28-2011, 06:11 PM   #1
biggecko is on a distinguished road
Name: Tarek
biggecko's Tacoma Gallery
best 2 " aal

sooo i ordered my bielstiens 5100 s from dsm best deal round i ended up payin 315 shipped, well anyways i wanna use the 2.5 lift you can do with those shocks and i need aals are their any aal that help with leafspring sag while lifting? i need the best bang aal i can get for my money someone help me choose
Old 03-28-2011, 07:20 PM   #2
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggecko View Post
sooo i ordered my bielstiens 5100 s from dsm best deal round i ended up payin 315 shipped, well anyways i wanna use the 2.5 lift you can do with those shocks and i need aals are their any aal that help with leafspring sag while lifting? i need the best bang aal i can get for my money someone help me choose
I had bad frowning with my leafs, I bought the Toytec AAL and I have great arch now. No sagging, very stiff like it should be.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:30 PM   #3
niiicccee!!!could you provide me a link tto the exact one you bout ? your springs look AWSOME
Old 03-29-2011, 02:34 PM   #4
are these the ones you got? http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Old 03-29-2011, 03:24 PM   #5
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Do these. I got about 2" of lift cause my springs were sacked too. It totally fixed the frowning then gives an additional 1.5". They worked good and were cheap

http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-49...-leaf-kit.html
Old 03-29-2011, 03:25 PM   #6
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

These were my springs before the add a leafs. Ill get an after photo when I get home

Old 03-29-2011, 03:30 PM   #7
they are 200 bucks though i wanted smthing thats round 2" cuz ill be settin my front bilstiens at 2.5
Old 03-29-2011, 04:05 PM   #8
just ordered these guys http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72 anybody else have em? who makes these?
Old 03-29-2011, 04:09 PM   #9
tacoma44x44 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jamie
tacoma44x44's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Toytec aal and honestly they suck. They make the ride really stiff. I will be changing out the entire leaf pack soon.

You get what you pay for really $80 bucks is a really cheap way to lift the rear.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:26 PM   #10
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma44x44 View Post
I have the Toytec aal and honestly they suck. They make the ride really stiff. I will be changing out the entire leaf pack soon.

You get what you pay for really $80 bucks is a really cheap way to lift the rear.
The ride should be stiff, your driving a truck. Ive never driven a truck that wasnt stiff in the rear, try towing a boat with a soft leaf pack and let me know how it goes.

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

Although I guess some people dislike it, I love my leafs. Great ride, so sagging and theyre easy to install. If your going to order them there is a discount code in the vendor section.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:33 PM   #11
Whyareyoureadingthis?

Quote:
just ordered these guys http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72 anybody else have em? who makes these?
Be sure to buy a can of Pb Blaster and spray your shackle bolts, bolts on the front of the leaf and the center bolt under the bump stop every day or two leading up to the install. It will save you alot of trouble with rust when you go to loosen them up.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:40 PM   #12
crawldad is a jewel in the roughcrawldad is a jewel in the roughcrawldad is a jewel in the roughcrawldad is a jewel in the rough

crawldad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have the same AAl's. Deaver makes them. My truck empty sits high in the rear with 3" of lift, but I like it that way since Its usually loaded. I like the way it rides, not too stiff at all.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:53 PM   #13
Señor member

These are my springs after the icon add a leaf

Old 03-29-2011, 05:19 PM   #14
mhhm would i need longer u bolts?
Old 03-29-2011, 05:22 PM   #15
Señor member

^Comes with them. You can see I still havent cut mine off yet so they are plenty long enough you can leave the stock overload in if you want and gain at least another 1/2" and still keep a high payload capacity. Mine lost a little without the leaf but I dont carry much anyway
Old 03-29-2011, 05:53 PM   #16
does the kit from toy tec come with them and can i remove the overload springs?
Old 03-29-2011, 05:58 PM   #17
Whyareyoureadingthis?

Quote:
does the kit from toy tec come with them and can i remove the overload springs?
No but you shouldnt need them, atleast I didnt. Im not sure if you remove the overload springs or not, I didnt.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:07 PM   #18
mhhm and i gotta say your truck looks sick ,is it 4x4?
Old 03-29-2011, 06:44 PM   #19
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
I have some fabtech 2" aal's that are going in soon.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:30 PM   #20
Whyareyoureadingthis?

Quote:
mhhm and i gotta say your truck looks sick ,is it 4x4?
Im assuming your talking about Jumper, his truck has mine beat by a mile. But mine is a 4x4, cant live without it!