Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Firestone Ride Rite Airbags

Old 03-29-2011, 08:52 PM   #1
namelama is on a distinguished road
Name: Al
namelama's Tacoma Gallery
Firestone Ride Rite Airbags

I just installed rear airbags on my 05 Taco Pre-runner. It made a world of difference and well worth the money. I was frequently towing a small utility trailer with two dirt bikes and the Taco was constantly bottoming out on very minor road surface changes. The airbags solved the problem and it was an easy install too. I would highly recommend airbags to anyone who frequently loads up their Taco and is tired of the bottoming out issues. It actually lifted the truck by a couple inches too.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:49 AM   #2
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by namelama View Post
I just installed rear airbags on my 05 Taco Pre-runner. It made a world of difference and well worth the money. I was frequently towing a small utility trailer with two dirt bikes and the Taco was constantly bottoming out on very minor road surface changes. The airbags solved the problem and it was an easy install too. I would highly recommend airbags to anyone who frequently loads up their Taco and is tired of the bottoming out issues. It actually lifted the truck by a couple inches too.
Ditto!

I posted photos of them on my '05 DC... Worked great in Baja, too! I still have them in case the 2010 also had soft springs... but it didn't.

I presume you either didn't know about the TSB (like me) or you got the truck out of warantee?
Old 03-30-2011, 09:51 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
Ditto!

I posted photos of them on my '05 DC... Worked great in Baja, too! I still have them in case the 2010 also had soft springs... but it didn't.

I presume you either didn't know about the TSB (like me) or you got the truck out of warantee?
Or got the TSB and flattened them in 40,000 miles

Sorry... rant from another thread, good to know and thanks for the review!
Old 03-30-2011, 03:56 PM   #4
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
Ditto!

you sure yo dont wanna sell those?
Old 03-31-2011, 08:11 AM   #5
namelama is on a distinguished road
Name: Al
namelama's Tacoma Gallery
Ride rite airbags

You are exactly correct. I did not know about the TSB and this was my alternative. Glad I did it.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:56 AM   #6
In over my head...
james has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant future

Army: P.O.L.
james's Tacoma Gallery
Ditto.
I installed them in my '98 after I made the mistake of overloading my truck on the way to Alaska. I must have been carrying, I don't know, easily 1400 lbs. After a friend of mine looked at my truck, shook his head and bent my ear, I took my truck to the guys at Interior Offroad in Prince George, B.C., they dropped what they were doing, made room for my truck on the rack and got me out the door in under 2 hours. In short: an incredible difference! Given the frost heaves along the Alcan Highway that will send vehicles flying, I can only say those Ride Rite bags saved my truck.

Now I've got them, am grateful for them and I still need new leaf springs...or do I? Today is the last day on this most recent group buy through Wheelers. Hmmm...