Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

TOYTEC Ultimate lift package with Radflo front coilovers

Old 04-01-2011, 07:04 AM   #1
The Shocker and Me Tall Dark TACO
CCFBERG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCCFBERG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCCFBERG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCCFBERG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCCFBERG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCCFBERG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCCFBERG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCCFBERG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCCFBERG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCCFBERG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCCFBERG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 19 EMS AERO REPAIR/CRASH RECOVERY
Name: Shawn
CCFBERG's Tacoma Gallery
TOYTEC Ultimate lift package with Radflo front coilovers

Ive searched around the forum for over a month and I dont see anyone talking about this specific lift option at all. I see a bunch of talk about the ToyTec Ultimate W/Bilstein and the Stage 1 ICON but nothing about the Ultimate kit with Radflow. Anyone have some input on this?

Ive got the cash for the ICON and all the goodies to do a complete 3" lift but before I go dropping the cash on that Id like to hear if anyone has any usefull info on the Radflow lift option.

The lift I decide on will be going on my 2010 TRD Double cab with 275/70/18 (33's) Nitto Trail Graplers and Gear Alloy 719MB 18x9's (finaly recieved them)

Anyway chime in on this if you have some usefull comments.

Thanks for the help!
Shawn
Old 04-01-2011, 01:43 PM   #2
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Budget and use would dictate what to get. You can't go wrong with any of the 3. If you've got the funds for icon and are going to need it, that would be one of the best set ups. Radflo's up front with an aal and rear shocks would work just as well. Toytec makes a great ultimate package but not sure if you would need the diff space and axle shims? Don't skip on the uca's too. Might as well do it right the first time.

I'm happy with my toytec's but got the coils and shocks separate on a group buy as I'm still on a tight budget. If you are wheeling I'd get extended travel icon's since you will lose lots of down travel cranking the coils up.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:41 PM   #3
The Shocker and Me Tall Dark TACO
CCFBERG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCCFBERG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCCFBERG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCCFBERG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCCFBERG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCCFBERG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCCFBERG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCCFBERG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCCFBERG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCCFBERG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCCFBERG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 19 EMS AERO REPAIR/CRASH RECOVERY
Name: Shawn
CCFBERG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Budget and use would dictate what to get. You can't go wrong with any of the 3. If you've got the funds for icon and are going to need it, that would be one of the best set ups. Radflo's up front with an aal and rear shocks would work just as well. Toytec makes a great ultimate package but not sure if you would need the diff space and axle shims? Don't skip on the uca's too. Might as well do it right the first time.

I'm happy with my toytec's but got the coils and shocks separate on a group buy as I'm still on a tight budget. If you are wheeling I'd get extended travel icon's since you will lose lots of down travel cranking the coils up.
Cool! Ya I already put my lift together in two different ways on paper. The first option was ICON W/extended travel and the LR UCA's

The Second option was Toytec Ult W/Radflow and LR UCA's

I will def be wheeling! Well as much as I can for the next year here in Germany. I miss it bad, had to sell my Chev 2500 when I moved out here 3 years ago.......was a very sad day! But anyway I tend to get a little crazy on the dirt so Im leaning more to the ICON's the more I read.

Thanks for your input! Much appreciated.

Shawn
Old 04-01-2011, 03:51 PM   #4
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Does Radflo make extended travel? I think thats your biggest plus to the Icons. You can get a little extra travel when you replace your UCA's so I would say go with the extended Icons to match
Old 07-12-2011, 02:09 AM   #5
completenirvana is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: USMC Veteran, Volunteer Firefighter/EMT
completenirvana's Tacoma Gallery
Why are the LR UCA's so damn expensive? From the looks they don't seem all that fancy. I'm just a noob to all this though so I'm still learning the ropes.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:49 AM   #6
Three Percenter
SampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Steve
SampleFool's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
They are cheap compared to the Total Chaos and burgs

The LR have the ability to adjust camber/caster from the UCA in addition to the LCA, giving you a wider range of alignment adjustments.
Which would you prefer and ball joint you can grease ur self or a sealed one, I prefer one I grease my self, I have seen sealed ones run dry quick. Its a preference deal.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:52 AM   #7
Three Percenter
SampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Steve
SampleFool's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
I dont think i would spend my money on radflos.
IIRC several people on here had problems with them leaking and various other problems.
What is IIRC? And ment to ask you about your fox shocks, are they the 2.5 c/o? And how are they? Sorry OP figure this question is relavent to the situation.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:44 AM   #8
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SampleFool View Post
What is IIRC? And ment to ask you about your fox shocks, are they the 2.5 c/o? And how are they? Sorry OP figure this question is relavent to the situation.
IIRC = if i remember correctly. I had the radflo confused with leepers. I havent heard anything about the radflos so i cant comment on those.

my fox's are the 2.0's. They are great offroad! and they pretty much float around on road as well. I just took them off my truck though and went back stock. I never offroad anymore so I dont really need them.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:04 AM   #9
Rhum.
RugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT-B
Name: Paul
RugbyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
If you want the full 3" with the Radflos, set them at 2-2.5" and get a spacer. They are really liked by 4runner guys. Either way if you can afford the Icon, get it.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:05 AM   #10
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
my foxes rode extremely rough when cranked to 3"... Personally I would not crank any CO past 2.5", it just puts too much preload on the spring.