1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TOYTEC Ultimate lift package with Radflo front coilovers

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by CCFBERG, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Apr 1, 2011 at 6:04 AM
    CCFBERG

CCFBERG [OP] The Shocker and Me Tall Dark TACO

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    LRAFB Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD 4x4 SR5 DBL cab
    Kenwood 516 DD head unit, Kenwood 12" sub, Kenwood 1800W amp, Brighter reverse light mod, 2nd Air filter ripped out, Tailgate anti-theft. Fog light anytime. Rearview mirror display in HU mod. JBA shorty headers & Catback. K&N Filter. Smittybilt Nerf Steps. Smittybilt M1 Grille. Pro Comp stage II, 6" Lift. 12V Bed PWR. LED interior lighting
    Ive searched around the forum for over a month and I dont see anyone talking about this specific lift option at all. I see a bunch of talk about the ToyTec Ultimate W/Bilstein and the Stage 1 ICON but nothing about the Ultimate kit with Radflow. Anyone have some input on this?

Ive got the cash for the ICON and all the goodies to do a complete 3" lift but before I go dropping the cash on that Id like to hear if anyone has any usefull info on the Radflow lift option.

The lift I decide on will be going on my 2010 TRD Double cab with 275/70/18 (33's) Nitto Trail Graplers and Gear Alloy 719MB 18x9's (finaly recieved them)

Anyway chime in on this if you have some usefull comments.

Thanks for the help!
    Shawn

2. Apr 1, 2011 at 12:43 PM
    Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    Budget and use would dictate what to get. You can't go wrong with any of the 3. If you've got the funds for icon and are going to need it, that would be one of the best set ups. Radflo's up front with an aal and rear shocks would work just as well. Toytec makes a great ultimate package but not sure if you would need the diff space and axle shims? Don't skip on the uca's too. Might as well do it right the first time.

I'm happy with my toytec's but got the coils and shocks separate on a group buy as I'm still on a tight budget. If you are wheeling I'd get extended travel icon's since you will lose lots of down travel cranking the coils up.

3. Apr 1, 2011 at 2:41 PM
    CCFBERG

CCFBERG [OP] The Shocker and Me Tall Dark TACO

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    LRAFB Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD 4x4 SR5 DBL cab
    Kenwood 516 DD head unit, Kenwood 12" sub, Kenwood 1800W amp, Brighter reverse light mod, 2nd Air filter ripped out, Tailgate anti-theft. Fog light anytime. Rearview mirror display in HU mod. JBA shorty headers & Catback. K&N Filter. Smittybilt Nerf Steps. Smittybilt M1 Grille. Pro Comp stage II, 6" Lift. 12V Bed PWR. LED interior lighting
    Cool! Ya I already put my lift together in two different ways on paper. The first option was ICON W/extended travel and the LR UCA's

The Second option was Toytec Ult W/Radflow and LR UCA's

I will def be wheeling! Well as much as I can for the next year here in Germany. I miss it bad, had to sell my Chev 2500 when I moved out here 3 years ago.......was a very sad day! But anyway I tend to get a little crazy on the dirt so Im leaning more to the ICON's the more I read.

Thanks for your input! Much appreciated.:thumbsup:

Shawn

4. Apr 1, 2011 at 2:51 PM
    Cr250jumper

Cr250jumper Señor member

Member:
    The moon
    Vehicle:
    50 shades of tan©
    Tacoma with some stuff melted to it
    Does Radflo make extended travel? I think thats your biggest plus to the Icons. You can get a little extra travel when you replace your UCA's so I would say go with the extended Icons to match

5. Jul 12, 2011 at 1:09 AM
    completenirvana

completenirvana Well-Known Member

Member:
    Clarkston, WA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma SR5 V6 Offroad DBL Cab
    K&N Cold Air Filter
    Why are the LR UCA's so damn expensive? From the looks they don't seem all that fancy. I'm just a noob to all this though so I'm still learning the ropes.

6. Jul 12, 2011 at 9:49 AM
    SampleFool

SampleFool Three Percenter

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Ga
    Vehicle:
    Silver
    08 off-road
    Which would you prefer and ball joint you can grease ur self or a sealed one, I prefer one I grease my self, I have seen sealed ones run dry quick. Its a preference deal.

7. Jul 12, 2011 at 10:52 AM
    SampleFool

SampleFool Three Percenter

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Ga
    Vehicle:
    Silver
    08 off-road
    What is IIRC? And ment to ask you about your fox shocks, are they the 2.5 c/o? And how are they? Sorry OP figure this question is relavent to the situation.

8. Jul 13, 2011 at 6:44 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    IIRC = if i remember correctly. I had the radflo confused with leepers. I havent heard anything about the radflos so i cant comment on those.

my fox's are the 2.0's. They are great offroad! and they pretty much float around on road as well. I just took them off my truck though and went back stock. I never offroad anymore so I dont really need them.

9. Jul 13, 2011 at 7:04 AM
    RugbyTaco

RugbyTaco Rhum.

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Sleepy Hollow
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD Sport Magnetic Gray
    Wet Okoles, Weathertechs, AFE Pro Dry, Wicked Flow 13", URD MAF, MagLite Mount, 16x8 Procomp 8069, 265/75/16 GY Duratracs, Rear Leaf TSB,AAL, OME 9000s, 884s, S2000 stubby antenna, Leer XR100
    If you want the full 3" with the Radflos, set them at 2-2.5" and get a spacer. They are really liked by 4runner guys. Either way if you can afford the Icon, get it.

10. Jul 13, 2011 at 7:05 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    my foxes rode extremely rough when cranked to 3"... Personally I would not crank any CO past 2.5", it just puts too much preload on the spring.

Products Discussed in

To Top