1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

installed leveling kit and tires! but now higher in front!

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by leeland26, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Apr 2, 2011 at 6:17 AM
    leeland26

leeland26 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    South Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5 Long Bed
    Im sure this is a frequent question but i tried to look for the answer but couldnt find anything. I installed my 2" leveling kit in the front and got some new tires. It looks great but the only problem i have is the front now looks a little higher than the back! I just measured from the ground to the bottom of the fender flare and i am about 1/2" higher in the front now. I didnt think that little bit would be that noticeable. I also have the air lift ride control kit for the back that i am installing today. Would that be able to make up for the 1/2"? I know its not made to lift the truck but i thought maybe it would enough to make it level again. I also heard that front coil spacers will settle in time and actually drop the front a tad. Is this true? If so im not going to worry about it. But if its not, does anyone have any ideas on the best way to level out the back--AAL's, Blocks, ECT?

I attached before and after pics of my truck. Im not sure how to put full pictures up yet.

IMG_0599.jpg
    IMG_0656.jpg

2. Apr 2, 2011 at 7:23 AM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    It will take the spacers a couple of trips to settle but they won't settle anymore after that. The best way to lift the back would be an add a leaf. Blocks promote axle wrap.

3. Apr 2, 2011 at 9:55 AM
    NC15TRD

NC15TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    PA
    Vehicle:
    16 Sierra SLT All Terrain
    Readylift, Truxedo, Husky Liners, Carven
    X2 on the blocks. Had them b4 TSB spring install, they sucked. Get an AAL

4. Apr 3, 2011 at 5:17 PM
    leeland26

leeland26 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    South Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5 Long Bed
    Thanks guys! I'm going to wait a couple weeks to see if they will settle enough to make it look a little better. If not, I'll either do the aal's or I am considering taking the spacers off and spending the extra money and replacing them with 5100's. I'm thinking if I put them on the lowest setting for lift it will be a better "level." and I will have a better ride also.

Products Discussed in

To Top