Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

installed leveling kit and tires! but now higher in front!

Old 04-02-2011, 06:17 AM   #1
leeland26 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT-B
Name: Lee
leeland26's Tacoma Gallery
installed leveling kit and tires! but now higher in front!

Im sure this is a frequent question but i tried to look for the answer but couldnt find anything. I installed my 2" leveling kit in the front and got some new tires. It looks great but the only problem i have is the front now looks a little higher than the back! I just measured from the ground to the bottom of the fender flare and i am about 1/2" higher in the front now. I didnt think that little bit would be that noticeable. I also have the air lift ride control kit for the back that i am installing today. Would that be able to make up for the 1/2"? I know its not made to lift the truck but i thought maybe it would enough to make it level again. I also heard that front coil spacers will settle in time and actually drop the front a tad. Is this true? If so im not going to worry about it. But if its not, does anyone have any ideas on the best way to level out the back--AAL's, Blocks, ECT?

I attached before and after pics of my truck. Im not sure how to put full pictures up yet.
Attached Thumbnails
installed leveling kit and tires! but now higher in front!-img_0599.jpg   installed leveling kit and tires! but now higher in front!-img_0656.jpg  
Old 04-02-2011, 07:23 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
It will take the spacers a couple of trips to settle but they won't settle anymore after that. The best way to lift the back would be an add a leaf. Blocks promote axle wrap.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:55 AM   #3
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
It will take the spacers a couple of trips to settle but they won't settle anymore after that. The best way to lift the back would be an add a leaf. Blocks promote axle wrap.
X2 on the blocks. Had them b4 TSB spring install, they sucked. Get an AAL
Old 04-03-2011, 05:17 PM   #4
leeland26 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT-B
Name: Lee
leeland26's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys! I'm going to wait a couple weeks to see if they will settle enough to make it look a little better. If not, I'll either do the aal's or I am considering taking the spacers off and spending the extra money and replacing them with 5100's. I'm thinking if I put them on the lowest setting for lift it will be a better "level." and I will have a better ride also.