Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

axel seal replacment

Old 04-03-2011, 11:58 AM   #1
mike sacc is on a distinguished road
mike sacc's Tacoma Gallery
axel seal replacment

does any body have info on changing drivers side front axel seal.i tried to search for previouse posts but had no luck . any info would be helpfull, thanks.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:24 PM   #2
cb04 is on a distinguished road
cb04's Tacoma Gallery
I got a new one from the toy dealership. Quite an ordeal. Must remove wheel, brake, rotor, coilover, driveshaft. pry out old seal. Install new seal slightly inside of housing. try to install the same depth all around. Can get info from fsm. search fsm on this site.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:26 PM   #3
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Diff side or hub side?
Old 04-04-2011, 08:32 PM   #4
My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food
Monkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Monkeysuncle's Tacoma Gallery
I have had a few beers and whan I saw axel seal I thought something totally different. I may be in the wrong place....that's what she said...
Old 04-04-2011, 08:34 PM   #5
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeysuncle View Post
I have had a few beers and whan I saw axel seal I thought something totally different. I may be in the wrong place....that's what she said...
yes, you be drunk.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:41 PM   #6
Monkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

All Kidding aside, I think I read a post on what caused the seal to malfunction in the first place and that is where the "Pandoras Box" of problems opened up, let me take a look and see if I can find that post.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:43 PM   #7

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
If its the inner one (one the diff), I just had mine replaced today under the power train warranty.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:44 PM   #8

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I would like to see the thread/ post also.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:44 PM   #9

What year,transmission,motor,color and social security number...wait, just the year,trans motor will work. Just to be sure because you list two Tacomas in your Sig...AND my good friend is a Toyota Mechanic, so if all it takes me to "Phone a Friend" and give you an answer then I will be happy to do so.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:48 PM   #10

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Me? 08, v-6, auto
Old 04-04-2011, 09:02 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
Me? 08, v-6, auto

The Op has 2 in his profile, so it would be much easier for me to simply call my friend who works on cars and is the master mechanic at a local import garage and ask him a question, but I know it is a pain in the butt. He told me a story about seals, berrings and having to replace them in a newer Toyota with ABS and the computer wording hew threw out at me, it made my head hurt. They have made the most simple things so difficult these days
Old 04-04-2011, 09:04 PM   #12

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The Op has 2 in his profile, so it would be much easier for me to simply call my friend who works on cars and is the master mechanic at a local import garage and ask him a question, but I know it is a pain in the butt. He told me a story about seals, berrings and having to replace them in a newer Toyota with ABS and the computer wording hew threw out at me, it made my head hurt. They have made the most simple things so difficult these days
yes, this computer crap is confusing.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:58 PM   #13
sorry its the 2001 ,2.7,5 speed manual.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:33 PM   #14
changed the seal today , drove it about 30 miles so far no leaks. took some short cuts. disconnected the lower ball joint, tie rod and the axel nut . bungeed everything out of the way and it went pretty good.