1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2.0 Fox Coilover Q's

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Weekend Warrior, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Apr 4, 2011 at 9:52 PM
    Weekend Warrior

Weekend Warrior [OP] BC Wheeler

Member:
    First Name:
    Yanner
    Vancouver B.C.
    Vehicle:
    '08 Taco 4x4
    skid plates, 3" lift, ARB front bumper, fog lights, role away canopy, cold air intake/filter, 33" Tires, Custom rear bumper
    So I've been running the Fox 2.0 s since August '08 and am feeling like the road is coming though my floor at times. My suspension eats up most anything until I've been out for a few hrs, then I start to feel and hear everything. I do a fair amount of off roading and drive the truck for work everyday as well. I've put the better part of 60K on this suspension.

1. Is there a tell tale way to test these shocks?
    2. I have done the majority of my mods and repairs myself,.. can I order up the parts and figure this one out too?
    3. If they are cooked and the repair is out of my hands, can anyone recommend a trustworthy shop in the Vancouver, BC area who will rebuild these for me?

Thanks for any help.

2. Apr 4, 2011 at 10:06 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    Rebuild is extremely simple, I have done a few sets.

Major reason for shit ride is your coils are to preloaded (adjusted for more lift). I would say do the rebuild and then report back on the ride quality after. If you need rebuild instructions I might still have the document on my computer, you can PM me your email address and I will shoot it your way.

Products Discussed in

To Top