Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Wheel & Tire c/o>> Front End Alignment?

Old 05-12-2007, 06:02 AM   #1
The Count is on a distinguished road
The Count's Tacoma Gallery
Wheel & Tire c/o>> Front End Alignment?

Now that I have completed my 3" ToyTec lift, I have a suspension question. If I go from a 16x7 wheel with 265/70's to a 17x7.5 with 285/70's, does that change the front end geometery that I should have a front end alignment done??? The reason I ask is that I just did a 3" ToyTec lift and still have my stock wheels and tires on. I plan to change over to FJ wheels and tires soon and don't want to spend the $$ on 2 alignments. Can I do the alignment with the stock setup and when I switch over to the new wheels/tires be OK??? The camber is way out now as one would suspect. Thanx
Old 05-30-2007, 09:01 AM   #2
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
You should have no problems swapping out wheels and tires after the alignment. You hit the nail on the head when you mentioned the suspension geometry. Changing the wheels and tires could affect the unsprung weight, but the resulting fix (if necessary) would be different rate shocks. Sprung weight is unchanged so the suspension components will stay where they are and your alignment with the stock wheel/tire setup will still hold true.

Got pics?
Old 10-19-2007, 08:51 PM   #3
L_Jackson is on a distinguished road

Army: Avenger Crew Member - 1st Cav 98-01
L_Jackson's Tacoma Gallery
Putting on a 3" Toytec lift next weekend..... never lifted a truck before and don't know much about it.....

Need to get a new alignment huh? i guess it is a dumb question just didn't realize i had to....
Old 10-19-2007, 09:57 PM   #4
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Bigger tires won't usually require an alignment, but any time you lift the front or mess with the geometry you must get an alignment performed.