Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

AAL vs blocks?

Old 04-06-2011, 02:55 PM   #1
tommelleo22 has a spectacular aura abouttommelleo22 has a spectacular aura abouttommelleo22 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Joe
tommelleo22's Tacoma Gallery
AAL vs blocks?

have had 2" spacers on the front to keep my truck level for only a couple months for temporary decent look but now have the extra money to lift my truck. looking for a true 3 inches but was wondering if i could run the spacers and buy a set of 5100's to raise an inch to give me 3 in the front then buy blocks or AAL in the rear with 5100's. and found a complete 3" setup on ebay from skyjacker for 300$ with the AAL included. just not to sure where to go in this situation so hopefully you guys can help.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:57 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Blocks cause axle wrap. I'm not too sure of the benefits or disadvantages of an AAL.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:58 PM   #3
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
I have a block... no problems
Old 04-06-2011, 02:59 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown View Post
I have a block... no problems
Head gasket problems.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:00 PM   #5
tommelleo22 has a spectacular aura abouttommelleo22 has a spectacular aura abouttommelleo22 has a spectacular aura about

ya unknown. price diff is major and people have said both have rode stiff so i'm still deciding.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:11 PM   #6
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Head gasket problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommelleo22 View Post
ya unknown. price diff is major and people have said both have rode stiff so i'm still deciding.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:13 PM   #7

guys have any experience of info on skyjackers products? that full kit shocks, struts, and AAL for 300 is such a good buy if their stuff is legit.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:31 PM   #8
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
AALs are a better way to go, the ride may be a bit stiffer but the block will cause axle wrap. The AAL will increase hauling capacity a little bit. I've heard of blocks cracking and other horror stories with blocks.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:32 PM   #9

ya i'd rather pony up the cash then fix the slew of problems the blocks may or may not cause later down the road.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:38 PM   #10
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommelleo22 View Post
ya i'd rather pony up the cash then fix the slew of problems the blocks may or may not cause later down the road.
Thats a good idea. I don't know how the skyjacker kits are on tacomas, but most people go with 5100's all around or OME setups. I would check out wheeleroffroad, toytec lifts and DSM.

This might be a better kit to go with, based on what you're looking at.
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72