Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Question about caster.

Old 04-07-2011, 03:11 PM   #1
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
Question about caster.

Right now I have my caster at about 2 degrees on both sides, and I'm going to be installing my Light Racing UCA's this weekend at the 0 setting which provides 2 degrees of built in caster, ending up at around 4 degrees when complete. My question is this- at 4 degrees of caster are my wheels going to be rubbing the shit out of my wheel wells until I get my alignment? I'm a little worried about installing them, and then getting out of my garage and to the shop as it has a weird entry/ exit. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:41 PM   #3
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
I can imagine picking up a little rub, but not so much as would prevent you from getting to the shop.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:55 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
You shouldnt rub much at all. Maybe the mud flaps, unless you already took them off.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:27 PM   #5
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
Cool, thanks guys. I don't even have big tires on the truck...just 265/70-17's. After I get the UCA's on and aligned it'll be time to put my new wheels on
Still have the mud flaps on, gotta keep them on too as winters are a bitch around here. Thanks again guys.