Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

What lift? decisions, decisions....

Old 04-07-2011, 06:07 PM   #1
YeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Honor Guard-Now out of Honor Guard getting ready for MK "A" School
Name: Thomas
YeahYeah's Tacoma Gallery
What lift? decisions, decisions....

Hey, gonna get my lift here in a few weeks. Pretty damn stoked! But, what lift looks best and rides good on a 07 prerunner access cab? I am thinking 3".
Old 04-07-2011, 07:25 PM   #3
3 7 Mafia
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
check this out:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...uide-read.html

With a prerunner you are best off with 4" spindles.
X2
Old 04-07-2011, 07:49 PM   #4
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
supremetaco2's Tacoma Gallery
how are spindles compared to the coilovers? more stiff? or do you need to get new coilovers w/ the spindles in order to achieve lift?
Old 04-07-2011, 07:50 PM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremetaco2 View Post
how are spindles compared to the coilovers? more stiff? or do you need to get new coilovers w/ the spindles in order to achieve lift?
Spindles do not change the ride at all. All they do is move the wheel hub down. You still use your stock shocks and springs.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:52 PM   #6
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
^^ oh okay thanks i was always wondering... hmm maybe i shouldve went with spindles..
Old 04-07-2011, 07:53 PM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
^^ oh okay thanks i was always wondering... hmm maybe i shouldve went with spindles..
If it makes you feel better they cost about a grand......
Old 04-07-2011, 07:58 PM   #8
lol, you know of any companys that make for 1st gens?
Old 04-07-2011, 08:01 PM   #10
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
lol, you know of any companys that make for 1st gens?
I do not.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:03 PM   #11
lol damn....
Old 04-09-2011, 05:16 PM   #13
YeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Honor Guard-Now out of Honor Guard getting ready for MK "A" School
Name: Thomas
YeahYeah's Tacoma Gallery
Not for looks as much. I want it to look good but I love offroading, period. Mud, snow, sand, anything. I want a suspension that will take a beating and keep me going, smoothly.