1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TSB question

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by snorinlorin, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Apr 10, 2011 at 2:05 PM
    snorinlorin

snorinlorin [OP] Snorinlorin

Member:
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport Dbl cab
    Laradoe tonneu cover,Weather tech window vents/ floor mats, OME 3 inch lift / AAL., Light Racing UCA's, Painted engine cover, Avid off-road step tubes,Cross Fab light bar,Hella black magic lights,Satoshi grille, Trophy D-551 wheels,285/70/17 Duratracs
    I have a 2011 DC sport.I haven't hauled anything yet to see if it bottoms out. But by the sounds of things it will, as there is only three leafs.Will the dealer still do the TSB thing ?

2. Apr 10, 2011 at 2:06 PM
    503TRD

503TRD Trucker

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Tualatin, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 4x4 DC TRD Sport
    Front Bilstein 5100's Set @ 2.5", Rear Bilstein 5100's, Rear TSB, Rear 1.5" ToyTec AAL, 1" CB Drop Kit, N-Fab Nerf Steps, WeatherTech All Weather Rubber Floor Mats, Grillcraft Grill(Upper/Lower), Blacked Out AC Condenser/Radiator, Tinted Front Windows, Vision X H4 SuperWhite Headlights, Halo H10 Solaris Yellow 45w 3000k Fog Lights, K&N Air Filter, Removed Front Mud Flaps, 18" MagnaFlow Muffler, Chrome Exhaust Tip, TRD Logo Leather Shift Knob, LED License Plate Lights, LED Interior Lights, LED Reverse Lights, LED Auxiliary Reverse Lights, Chrome TRD Badge on Tailgate, Redline Tuning Elite Hood Struts, Disabled Seatbelt Chime, Foglights Anytime, ScanGauge II, 13" Stubby Antenna, Flyzeye Design LED Light, Cobra 19 CB Radio/Firestik II Antenna, 18x9 Raceline Raptors, LT275/70/18 Hankook Dynapro ATm, 1.25" Sidertrax Wheel Spacers, Heated Front Seats, LED Tailgate Bar, 11" Double Row LED Bar Behind Grill
    Yeah most likely, depends on the dealer. I just said my ride was harsh and they did it without even testing it or giving me a hassle. They try to tell you the ride will be REALLY stiff and hard, but it isn't, it's so much better. Do it.

3. Apr 10, 2011 at 2:06 PM
    ckeeton

ckeeton Bazinga

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Duluth, GA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC Trd Sport Gray
    trd sport with avid off road light bar, avid rock sliders. OEM roof rack, 12' LED light bar, and Sock monkey decals.
    i'd say no, for most they wont do anything until you prove it bottoms out with a load in the bed

4. Apr 10, 2011 at 2:09 PM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Southern California (San Diego County)
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner TRD Sport L/B Grey Metallic
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.
    if you go to the dealer and you tel them u havent hauled anything, i dont think they will do the TSB or even take a look at it...although, you could play the part and say you hauled things and then they'll diagnose it and probably get the tsb done for you......

me on the other hand, hauled a few things... ive experienced the 'harsh' ride.... took it in this weekend and they will be ordering parts.... my appointment is in 2 weekends from now

5. Apr 10, 2011 at 2:12 PM
    David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pala Mesa, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 4 Cree LED lamps Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    No, my 2005 bottomed out with three leaves... but the 2010 does not bottom with three leaves. So, the quality of the leaves and not the quantity is what matters. If you put a heavy load in the bed and drive normally over pot holes or speed bumps... and if it doesn't bottom out, no TSB needed. If it does, go to your dealer with the load and do a demo... otherwise show him the obvious contact wear mark showing the truck bottomed out.

6. Apr 10, 2011 at 2:13 PM
    ckeeton

ckeeton Bazinga

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Duluth, GA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC Trd Sport Gray
    trd sport with avid off road light bar, avid rock sliders. OEM roof rack, 12' LED light bar, and Sock monkey decals.
    guessing the second 2010 as meant to be 2011?

7. Apr 10, 2011 at 2:17 PM
    snorinlorin

snorinlorin [OP] Snorinlorin

Member:
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport Dbl cab
    Laradoe tonneu cover,Weather tech window vents/ floor mats, OME 3 inch lift / AAL., Light Racing UCA's, Painted engine cover, Avid off-road step tubes,Cross Fab light bar,Hella black magic lights,Satoshi grille, Trophy D-551 wheels,285/70/17 Duratracs
    Ok thanks for the input I was just wondering.I am going to go with the OME lift kit anyway.

8. Apr 10, 2011 at 2:42 PM
    David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pala Mesa, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 4 Cree LED lamps Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags

Oh sorry, my bad... the 2005 bottomed out... I have told the story so many times on TW.

9. Apr 10, 2011 at 2:51 PM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    Mine is a 2011 and the heaviest load I've had so far was estimated at 430lbs and it put mine about 1 inch from the stops. I dont haul that much but I do want to know I can when I need to. So with that said I would like mine to be done if needed, and from what I've seen so far, it looks to be the case. I would like to have the extra lift, not why I want it done though.

10. Apr 10, 2011 at 2:55 PM
    Sharpie

Sharpie Ready to travel

Member:
    South TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 V6 TRD Sport 4x4 M/T Pyrite
    Put 600lbs in my 2011 today and it bottomed out over some simple speed bumps that I was crawling over. :mad:

11. Apr 10, 2011 at 2:57 PM
    ckeeton

ckeeton Bazinga

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Duluth, GA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC Trd Sport Gray
    mine has not done that, but i really have no clue how much weight i have put in, i doubt over 300.

wanna test it to see though

Products Discussed in

To Top