Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Do these alignment specs look OK?

Old 04-11-2011, 09:41 AM   #1
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Do these alignment specs look OK?

I installed 5100's set at 2.5 and a 5th AAL last week. Today I had the alignment done and it rides pretty nice!!

I know that they can have a hard time with the Caster without changing the UCA's. Just a couple questions.

1) Do the numbers for the front look OK?
2) What about the number for the back? Should I get a rear alignment done as well?

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
Do these alignment specs look OK?-photo.jpg  
Old 04-11-2011, 09:50 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco-NB View Post
I installed 5100's set at 2.5 and a 5th AAL last week. Today I had the alignment done and it rides pretty nice!!

I know that they can have a hard time with the Caster without changing the UCA's. Just a couple questions.

2) What about the number for the back? Should I get a rear alignment done as well?

Cheers.
There's not much you can do with a rear alignment, it's a solid axle. Waste of money in my opinion.
I'll try to find another thread about caster but I think you want more than that or it'll wander on you. That being said, how does it handle? Caster won't affect tire wear so if it handles fine, don't worry about it.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:52 AM   #3
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
your caster is definitely low, but if you don't mind a bit of wandering on the freeway you should be fine.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:53 AM   #4
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
There's not much you can do with a rear alignment, it's a solid axle. Waste of money in my opinion.
I'll try to find another thread about caster but I think you want more than that or it'll wander on you. That being said, how does it handle? Caster won't affect tire wear so if it handles fine, don't worry about it.
Before the alignment, it was wondering and felt kind of loose ... especially when I hit a bump in the road. Also, the steering wheel was shaking at 70mph.

After the alignment, it tracks down the road great, no loose feeling and no pulling when I hit bumps. There is a slight shake at 70mph that goes away after I cruise at that speed for a while.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:58 AM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Seems like alot of Toe. You should have about .05*.....Not .5*. Your Caster is really low. Nothing you can do without different UCA's though. It should be over 2.0*. For the rear, Jack it up, loosen the U bolts, and pull the passenger side twards the rear more. About 1/4" or so should do it.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:07 AM   #6
MMMMM Taco's

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Seems like alot of Toe. You should have about .05*.....Not .5*. Your Caster is really low. Nothing you can do without different UCA's though. It should be over 2.0*. For the rear, Jack it up, loosen the U bolts, and pull the passenger side twards the rear more. About 1/4" or so should do it.
OK thanks I will give that a try with the rear. I'm driving 3 hours to Edmundston this weekend. If it feels like it's wondering, I might have to invest in new UCA's?
Old 04-11-2011, 10:10 AM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
OK thanks I will give that a try with the rear. I'm driving 3 hours to Edmundston this weekend. If it feels like it's wondering, I might have to invest in new UCA's?
Or drop the front some so there's more room for adjustment.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:17 PM   #8
MMMMM Taco's

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Question About Tire Balancing.

Got back from my short highway trip yesterday. The truck rode pretty nice and didn't seem to pull or wander too much. However, it was freekin' windy and raining but I didn't notice any issues.

I did notice that I am getting some shaking in the steering wheel. It isn't there all the time though. When I go around 70mph up to 80mph, the steering wheel shakes some times and other times it's perfectly still.

I just had the tires balanced about a week ago but they might have done a piss-poor job.

If the balance is out, will it shake only some of the time like mine does? Or, if the balance is out, will it always shake all the time?

Thanks.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:09 PM   #9
MMMMM Taco's

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Got back from my short highway trip yesterday. The truck rode pretty nice and didn't seem to pull or wander too much. However, it was freekin' windy and raining but I didn't notice any issues.

I did notice that I am getting some shaking in the steering wheel. It isn't there all the time though. When I go around 70mph up to 80mph, the steering wheel shakes some times and other times it's perfectly still.

I just had the tires balanced about a week ago but they might have done a piss-poor job.

If the balance is out, will it shake only some of the time like mine does? Or, if the balance is out, will it always shake all the time?

Thanks.
Bump.

Thanks.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:25 PM   #10
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Bump.

Thanks.
Your Caster sucks. That couldbe causing the shake at 70+ mph. Also, Your Toe needs to come down a little.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:41 PM   #11
MMMMM Taco's

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
OK thanks Chris. Just did a web search about caster and the majority of the pages agree that really bad caster could cause the shaking. I'll try rotating the tires tomorrow to see if it's maybe a bad balance.

If not, can someone recommend good UCA's for the Canadian climate?

Cheers.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:42 PM   #12

Quote:
OK thanks Chris. Just did a web search about caster and the majority of the pages agree that really bad caster could cause the shaking. I'll try rotating the tires tomorrow to see if it's maybe a bad balance.

If not, can someone recommend good UCA's for the Canadian climate?

Cheers.
Light Racing
Old 04-19-2011, 07:23 PM   #13
I like turtles!!!
The Munster will become famous soon enoughThe Munster will become famous soon enough

Air Force: A1C 822BDS
Name: Lance
The Munster's Tacoma Gallery
What shop did you go to for alignment? Usually measurements are in degrees not mm :? Caster will only cause a pull. Camber is the one to watch out for. After lifts are installed you usually have to positive caster. But really your angles aren't bad
Old 04-19-2011, 07:24 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Munster View Post
What shop did you go to for alignment? Usually measurements are in degrees not mm :? Caster will only cause a pull. Camber is the one to watch out for. After lifts are installed you usually have to positive caster. But really your angles aren't bad
Really? His Camber needs to come in about .2* more, his toe should be .05* instead of .5*, and his caster is screwed.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:26 PM   #15
I like turtles!!!
The Munster will become famous soon enoughThe Munster will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Really? His Camber needs to come in about .2* more, his toe should be .05* instead of .5*, and his caster is screwed.
Yes they should have fixed his caster. But everything else is almost perfect. 99% of the time your vehicle won't be perfect. They get as close as they can. They did a pretty damn good job on toe and camber.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:30 PM   #16
I like turtles!!!

And according to those specs his toe is right where it needs to be..... Taco Nb go back to the shop and have them print off a sheet with your trucks specs on it. Then compare them to the print out they gave you
Old 04-20-2011, 01:55 PM   #17
MMMMM Taco's

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Munster View Post
And according to those specs his toe is right where it needs to be..... Taco Nb go back to the shop and have them print off a sheet with your trucks specs on it. Then compare them to the print out they gave you
That is the sheet that they printed off for me. It has the before and after specs.

Cheers.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:03 PM   #18
When all else fails read the directions
joerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 18F-5th SFG
Name: Him
joerussell610's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Cheers.
Great specs! All well within specs!!! Great alignment tech.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:45 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerussell610 View Post
Great specs! All well within specs!!! Great alignment tech.
The Caster is no where near "Spec."
Old 04-20-2011, 03:47 PM   #20
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry new guy 1 and new guy 2 , I have learned to trust Mr 4x4 on these matters .