Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

3 inch Toytec with 3 inch body lift with 33s

Old 09-24-2008, 06:49 PM   #1
BAMATOY is on a distinguished road

Name: Allen
BAMATOY's Tacoma Gallery
3 inch Toytec with 3 inch body lift with 33s

I am wanting to lift my truck and run 33s with some 20s. I was thinkin bout just the Toytec 3 inch lift then ive been reading around and ive read where guys are scrubbing. I DO NOT wanna scrub whatsoever so im now gonna get a 3 inch body to go with my 3 inch suspension. I have 2 questions, 1 does anybody have any pics of their truck or somebodys truck with at least a 3 inch suspension and 3 inch body lift and 33s? And 2 how big of a bitch is it to put a body lift on and extending the lines and hoses if need be?

Thanks for any help
Old 09-24-2008, 06:56 PM   #2
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Why not go for a 6" drop bracket like Fabtech or Procomp?

I personally hate the look of body lifts. But then again I also despise 20" wheels....
Old 09-24-2008, 07:28 PM   #3
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
ditto...u'd be way better off w/ a 6" suspension lift
Old 09-24-2008, 08:04 PM   #4
allrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud of
allrsdup's Tacoma Gallery
6" suspension lift. body lifts
Old 09-24-2008, 08:06 PM   #5

BAMATOY's Tacoma Gallery
I dont exactly have the money for a 6" suspension. I will in about 10 months once i get out of school but i dont really feel like waitin to get my truck lifted, much like anybody else on here. Once im out of school i will eventually have a 6 inch suspension lift, but until then, this is my only option.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:09 PM   #6
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
u can run 33's w/ minimal rub on a 3" suspension lift. u might would have to remove the mud flaps, depending on wht width and backspacing of the rims....nothing major though
Old 09-24-2008, 08:12 PM   #7
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I'd wait, or stick with only 3" lift. I HATE body lifts. The trimming you'd have to do with a 3" lift and 285s is not that much.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:35 PM   #8
SongDog is on a distinguished road

SongDog's Tacoma Gallery
You might want to consider that what most people are talking about is "rubbing" on the small "bump-out" area towards the lower front end of the the front fenders. This is a very minimal trim and should not cause concern. I trimmed mine with a sharp razor blade with no adverse problems. Never missed those "knobs" and now...NO RUB!
Old 09-24-2008, 09:56 PM   #9
Sold my Tacoma. Goodbye TW.
Neubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Neubs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SongDog View Post
You might want to consider that what most people are talking about is "rubbing" on the small "bump-out" area towards the lower front end of the the front fenders. This is a very minimal trim and should not cause concern. I trimmed mine with a sharp razor blade with no adverse problems. Never missed those "knobs" and now...NO RUB!
+1 rubbing with 285s is mostly on the small plastic piece in the front of the wheel well and sometimes on the mud flaps. Also, +1 on NOT doing the body lift. If you really want 6" of lift go with fabtech. I would recommend doing the 3" suspension for now and upgrading to 6" later on. Have you considered 275/70/17 MTRs? They are a 32.4" tire and should solve your rubbing problems.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:10 PM   #10

BAMATOY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neubs View Post
+1 rubbing with 285s is mostly on the small plastic piece in the front of the wheel well and sometimes on the mud flaps. Also, +1 on NOT doing the body lift. If you really want 6" of lift go with fabtech. I would recommend doing the 3" suspension for now and upgrading to 6" later on. Have you considered 275/70/17 MTRs? They are a 32.4" tire and should solve your rubbing problems.

I have actually chosen the Nitto Dune Grapplers in a 285/50/20. They measure bout the same but are alot let aggressive since i drive close to 400 miles a week for school. But does anybody have pics of their trucks with 3" and 33s. Also can somebody show me the piece of plastic that everyone seems to rub on. Thanks guys for all the replies, keep em coming.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:22 AM   #11
Carolina Alliance
jolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SSgt 6332
Name: Jim
jolayiv's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jolayiv
Check out Luk8272's build thread www.tacomaworld.com/forum/builds/15106-luk8272s-build.html his tire is the same width as the one you want but is about an 1.5in taller. This should give you a good idea about what is going to have to happen with you. He also has some really good pictures of what he had to cut and the suspension under flex. Hope this helps you.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:24 AM   #12
texasedition is on a distinguished road
Air Force: 15th CES Hickam AFB
texasedition's Tacoma Gallery
have 33's

I have 33's on 20in rims it does not rub anymore after cutting some of the plastic i have some pics on my profile
Old 01-25-2013, 07:40 PM   #13
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
4 1/2 years later...