LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Opinions wanted

Old 04-12-2011, 03:20 PM   #1
Big Member
Snake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Snake~'s Tacoma Gallery
Opinions wanted

I have a 2010 PreRunner Sport short bed. Rear leaf spring TSB has been done. Just received my front 5100s from DSM and 1.5 AAL from ToyTec. I don't do any real off roading, haul loads occasionally and tow rarely. I like the factory rake, wouldn't mind being level but DO NOT want to be nose high. So my question is, in your opinion should I set the 5100s to 1.75 or 2.5?
Old 04-12-2011, 09:40 PM   #2
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
With the TSB + 1.5" AAL, you will be close to level at 2.5"front. TSB+1.5"AAL at 1.75front will be real close to factory rake.

Either way I don't think you'll get it nose high with either combo.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:37 AM   #3
Big Member
Snake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Snake~'s Tacoma Gallery
OK cool. I wasn't sure how much settling of the springs would occur. I've had the TSB springs for about a month and it doesn't seem like they have settled much if at all. And I'm assuming that the 5100s with the stock springs will not settle.
What about the stories I've read here about shuddering under acceleration after lifting. Will there be a difference between 1.75 and 2.5 in that regard?
Old 04-13-2011, 06:09 PM   #4
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake~ View Post
OK cool. I wasn't sure how much settling of the springs would occur. I've had the TSB springs for about a month and it doesn't seem like they have settled much if at all. And I'm assuming that the 5100s with the stock springs will not settle.
What about the stories I've read here about shuddering under acceleration after lifting. Will there be a difference between 1.75 and 2.5 in that regard?
Shudder: not from the front, from my exp anyway; I've had my adjustables from 0,1,2,3" of lift and never had any issues from the front.

The TSB+AAL in the rear, however, could be cause for driveline vibration; easy fix, buy a carrier bearing drop kit from Toytec or anywhere... I just 'dropped' mine with a stack of washers (but didn't need to). I would wait though, like I said, I had no vibe issues, just did it for the hell of it, and many others claim it's hit-or-miss from rig to rig.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:34 AM   #5
Big Member

Snake~'s Tacoma Gallery
Another question: ToyTec sells a 1/4" spacer to correct drivers side Taco lean. But if I'm keeping the stock springs I shouldn't need the spacer since the drivers side spring is a little more stout than the passengers side, right?