Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

3" Toytec Lift Lifted My 2009 Regular cab 4.5 inches!?

Old 04-14-2011, 09:02 PM   #1
Tonka Tacoma will become famous soon enoughTonka Tacoma will become famous soon enough

Name: Eric
Tonka Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
3" Toytec Lift Lifted My 2009 Regular cab 4.5 inches!?

I just installed a 3" Toytec Lift and according to my measurements, I obtained 4.5'' of Lift From It? I'm Not Sure If It Is Because It's a Regular Cab Or What, But It Rides Perfect and My CV Angles look Good, So I'm Not Worried About It. I Was Wondering If This Is Common With A Toytec Lift.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:04 PM   #2
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
lets see those CV angles. Also just adjust the preload to get the desired height
Old 04-14-2011, 09:04 PM   #3
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good. Glad you aren't worries about it. :P
Old 04-14-2011, 09:06 PM   #4
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
where did you measure? Ground to top of flare? You put bigger tires on didnt you?
Old 04-14-2011, 09:07 PM   #5
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YellowDog01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
lets see those CV angles. Also just adjust the preload to get the desired height
Is it the Coilover kit or is it just the 3" Spacer?

Lifts take some time to settle in...I'd give it some time.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:07 PM   #6
Tonka Tacoma will become famous soon enoughTonka Tacoma will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
I Can't Adjust Them. It Is an Old Man Emu Coil With A Top Plate Spacer. I Did Use The 1" diff. drop and My CV Boots Look Pretty Decent. It Can't Hurt Anything Else Can It?
Old 04-14-2011, 09:12 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
where did you measure? Ground to top of flare? You put bigger tires on didnt you?
Yup, I measured From The Ground To The Bottom Of My Flare Through The Center Of My Hub. My Tires Are Only 265-70-16 In a BFG AT. They are only about 3/4 Of An Inch Bigger Than Stock.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:17 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDog01 View Post
Is it the Coilover kit or is it just the 3" Spacer?

Lifts take some time to settle in...I'd give it some time.
I Have Drove The Truck About 60 Miles So Far And It Did Settle a little bit. I Want It Settled In Before I Get An Alignment. Who Knows, Maybe It will Settle More.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:25 PM   #10
saxscraper is on a distinguished road
saxscraper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka Tacoma View Post
I Can't Adjust Them. It Is an Old Man Emu Coil With A Top Plate Spacer. I Did Use The 1" diff. drop and My CV Boots Look Pretty Decent. It Can't Hurt Anything Else Can It?

Which OME coils did you use? How big is the spacer?
Old 04-14-2011, 09:34 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxscraper View Post
Which OME coils did you use? How big is the spacer?
Im Pretty Sure The Coils Are 884s. Thats What I was Told To Get For A Regular Cab. My Top Plate Spacer Is The 3/4" That Came With The Lift Kit.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:51 PM   #12
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Im Pretty Sure The Coils Are 884s. Thats What I was Told To Get For A Regular Cab. My Top Plate Spacer Is The 3/4" That Came With The Lift Kit.
Take that spacer off. ANything over 3" lift, and you have a good chance of busting your CV's.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:55 PM   #13
snorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
snorola's Tacoma Gallery
show us your cv angles!

Whats your measurement up front from centre of the hub to the bottom of your fender?
Old 04-14-2011, 09:58 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Take that spacer off. ANything over 3" lift, and you have a good chance of busting your CV's.
Even With The 1" Diff. Drop? Like I Said, My CV Angles Are Pretty Good.
What Would Make It Settle More, If Anything?
Old 04-14-2011, 10:01 PM   #15
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That 1" "Diff Drop" only drops the front of the diff 1". The point of the axels is only changed by about 2* or so. So...In a nut shell, Yes.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:01 PM   #16
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Piccssss
Old 04-14-2011, 10:05 PM   #17
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Do those tires and wheels look bigger than 265/70R16 to anyone but me? I wanna say the OP is rollin' 265/70R17.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:07 PM   #18
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
Do those tires and wheels look bigger than 265/70R16 to anyone but me? I wanna say the OP is rollin' 265/70R17.
I don't know , my 265/70/17 look like they should touch at front and mud flap
Old 04-14-2011, 10:09 PM   #19
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I don't know , my 265/70/17 look like they should touch at front and mud flap
Must just be the negative offset of the DCs that makes me think that, then.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:13 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
Rims: 16X8 DC-2s
Tires: 265-70R-16s-BF Goodrich All Terrain TA's
I'm 100% On The Tire & Rim Size. I'm Not Sure Why They Look So Big In The Picture. I Agree That They Look more Like 17s.